Table of Contents
- What is a Team Member
- How to add a Team Member
- How to add yourself as a Team Member
- How to add a Mentoring Session as a Team Member
- How to access Client Requests List as a Team Member
- Notes and Limitations
- Video Recording: Session Activity and Team Member Info
What is a Team Member?
Team Member – A team member is more of a recurring role. A team member is someone that is mentoring the same client but working in a separate session. There is still only one Lead mentor in a mentoring request. Adding a team member to a mentoring request will grant a non-lead mentor permission to create/edit their own sessions on the mentoring request.
Enhancement: As of August 2022, the Team Member functionality has been updated to allow any team member to add/edit their own mentoring session without creating a new mentoring request. Please also see the notes and limitations below for more information.
What is the difference now between Team Members & Co-Mentors with this enhancement?
How to add a Team Member
Prerequisites: Only Lead Mentor and Client Intake Coordinators can add a Team Member using the steps below. These steps are also available in this guide: To Add a Team Member. The mentoring request has to be assigned and accepted prior to adding a team member.
1) From the Home Page select My Client Requests.
2) Identify the record you wish to view or add a team member and click View.
3) Click the down arrow and select Add Team Members.
4) Search for a team member within your chapter or outside of your chapter.
5) Select a team member by clicking the box before their name and then click Next.
6) Click Finish when you see the confirmation message pop up. An email also goes out to the New Team Member added to the mentoring request.
Check out the Client Mentoring Journey Notifications here and look for New Team Member Added to a Case - Sent to Mentor email sample.
7) The new team member will appear under the Case Team section.
How to Add Yourself as a Team Member
Prerequisites: The user has to be an Active Mentor and has no existing client-mentor relationship with the client.
1) Search the Client in Engage and select their name to open the client's contact record page.
2) From the Contact Record page, click Add/Edit Session
3) Add/Edit Session pop-up window will now open to a selection of mentoring request options. After selecting any of the options below, click Next.
- Click an existing request from the top window to create a new session for the same mentoring request. The lead mentor who owns the mentoring request will always show up under the Related Mentor here but as a team member, you can add your own session without having to create a new mentoring request.
- Clear Selection – use this when you need to restart creating the session
- Create a New Mentor Request Case – use this when you want to create a new mentoring request case (MRE) for this client
- Edit Existing Request – use this when you are updating a session you had previously entered.
4) Follow the prompts to create your mentoring session which starts by entering your Chapter in the field provided. Enter a branch location when applicable.
Note: Please review this guide on How To: Record or Edit a Mentoring Session to see all the steps for creating a mentoring session in Engage.
5) After saving the mentoring session, you’ll be listed as a Team Member under the Case Team related list in the client's mentoring request details page.
How to Add a Mentoring Session as a Co-Mentor
Co-Mentors are also updated to have Team Member access. Please check the notes and limitations below for more information.
The following steps show how co-mentors, who are Active Mentors, can add their own mentoring session notes without creating a new mentoring request.
Prerequisite: The co-mentor has been added to any of the previous sessions by the lead mentor.
1) Go to My Team Client Requests – list view to view all the requests where they are team members
2) Click View and the Client Mentoring Request Details page should open up for you.
3) On the Client Mentoring Request Details page, click Add/Edit Session button to start the session creation process.
4) The next window will allow you to create a new session or edit one of your existing mentoring sessions (which are not yet locked). Only your mentoring sessions and the option to create a new one will appear on this window. Follow the prompts and review this guide on How To: Record or Edit a Mentoring Session to see all the steps for creating a mentoring session in Engage.
Note: You do not have access to edit or manage other team members' mentoring sessions but you can still add an internal note on their session.
How to access Client Requests as a Team Member
Now that you are a team member, you can access the client's mentoring request from the homepage by selecting the My Team Client Requests list view.
As a Team Member with Active (status) and Mentor (classification), you have access to view and edit your own mentoring session/s without creating a new mentoring request. Please review the notes and limitations below.
Notes and Limitations
- Team Member enhancements - the updated functionality of a Team Member’s access is tied to the add/edit button found on the client’s Contact Record page. It is highly recommended that a Team Member should add/edit their session from the client's Contact Record page. A Team member can only edit their own mentoring session and does not have the ability to edit other sessions that do not belong to them.
- Team Member limitations - Adding/editing a mentoring session is limited to Active (status) Mentors (classification) only. Provisional co-mentors and Subject Matter Experts will not be able to add their own mentoring sessions even when added as team members.
- Provisional Mentors as Co-mentors/Team Members - Provisionals will not have access to add their own mentoring session until they have completed their onboarding requirements and their status has been changed to Active.
- Subject Matter Experts as Co-Mentors - SMEs will not have the ability to add their own mentoring session unless they change their classification to Mentor. Please review this guide on How to Request a Classification Update.
- Lead Mentor – when they select Create a New Mentoring Case option (from the Add/Edit Session pop-up window) then the dedup process will take place and close the new one as a duplicate.
- MRE not yet Accepted - If a mentor does not accept the request prior to clicking the add/edit session button in the Contact Record, it will allow them to create a new MRE and not close it as a duplicate. An active mentor is required to accept/decline a mentoring request assignment prior to adding their mentoring session. To know more about how to accept/decline a mentoring request, please review this guide - Accept/Decline Mentor Request.
- Edit an Existing Session option - You can only edit sessions that are not locked. You'll see this option when a session is available for you to edit when you are the owner of the mentoring session and the 5th of the following month has not yet passed. Otherwise, Create New Session will show up.