Once a client has been assigned a mentor, the mentor will receive an email notification from Engage to inform them of the assignment. The mentor can access the client record from a link provided in the email. Once in the system the mentor must accept or decline the request assignment. If the mentor declines the request, the client request will go back into the client intake queue where the Client Intake Coordinator will assign a different mentor. If the mentor accepts the request, they can review the request and reach out to the client to schedule a session.
A mentor is also able to refer a client to another mentor directly at any time and view other volunteers, or Team, that are working with the client. This article is focused on walking you through these scenarios and what to do if you are unable to contact a client after accepting a mentor request.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Adding a Client
- Receiving a Mentor Request
- Accept/Decline Mentor Request
- Send an Email from the Contact Record
- Send an Email from the Mentoring Request Case
- Refer Client to Another Mentor
- Transfer to Queue
- Adding a Team Member
- Updating a Client’s Mentoring Request Status
RECEIVING A MENTOR REQUEST
1) An email is sent to the mentor when a request is assigned by the Client Intake Coordinator or when the client submits a direct request. The system notification will include a link to the Client Mentoring Request in Engage with instructions to Accept or Decline the request. The client mentoring request will have a status of Assigned – Pending.
Note: If you have previously accepted a mentoring request and circumstances arise that prevent you from serving as a mentor to the client click here to view how to transfer the request back into the client intake queue.
2) To view your Mentoring Requests, from the Home Page select My Client Requests.
3) Click View on any record to review the request details.
Note: You can also view client requests assigned to you that are currently in progress. From the Home Page select My Client Request (Assigned/Not Counseled) to view a list of all client requests currently in progress.
ACCEPT/DECLINE MENTOR REQUEST
A mentor is required to accept/decline a mentor request when assigned a mentoring request case. The system sends a notification to the mentor to start this process. They will also receive a 24-hour reminder email about the assigned request. Another notification email is sent in 48 hours if the mentor has not accepted or declined the request. The mentoring request is returned to the Client Intake Queue after 5 business days (excluding weekends) has elapsed. The Client Intake Coordinator receives a notification email when the request is returned. In addition, the client also receives an email about the delay. View the notifications here. (You must be signed in to your @scorevolunteer.org account). To accept/decline a mentoring request, please follow the steps below.
1) Click the link from the email notification or from the Engage homepage, click My Client Requests (Need Action).
2) Click View to open the Client Mentoring Request Details page. Note: The mentor can also get to this page by clicking the link from the notification email.
3) To accept or decline the request, click the Accept/Decline Request button.
4) Select Accept/Decline Assignment by clicking the circle next to your choice.
Note: If the mentor tries to add a session without accepting the assignment, the mentor will get a pop-up window alert that will prevent them from proceeding. The system will then lead them to this Accept/Decline workflow.
5a) Accepting the Assignment - When you select Accept Assignment, the next window will require you to send a Note to the Client. A copy of this note will be saved in the Notes section of the case.
- The accepted mentoring request will appear in My Client Requests.
5b) Declining the Assignment -When you select Decline Assignment, you are required to enter a reason for declining on the next page. The client mentoring request will return to the client intake queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified to reassign the request.
SEND AN EMAIL FROM THE CONTACT RECORD
1) Search Client from the homepage.
2) Once on their contact record, locate the Activity History section and click the Send an Email button.
3) Compose your message, then click Send.
SEND AN EMAIL FROM A CLIENT MENTORING REQUEST CASE
1) From the homepage, select My Client Requests list view.
2) Click View to open the Mentoring Request Details page.
3) Then, click the Email Client button.
4) Type in your email message in the Body. When done composing your message, click Next. Your email has now been sent to the client. A copy of the email is sent to your SVO (@scorevolunteer.org email account).
5) You can also see a copy of your email message recorded in the related lists under Activity History.
Note: Click the Email title to view the details of this record.
REFER CLIENT TO ANOTHER MENTOR
At any point, you may wish to refer a client to another mentor. You can do this from the Client Mentoring Request Details.
1) Navigate to the client mentoring request details page from the Home Page by selecting My Client Requests.
2) Click View on any record to review the request details.
3) Once on the client mentoring request details click the down arrow and select Refer Mentor.
4) Select the mentor you would like to refer and click Next.
5) Enter the reason you are referring this client to the new mentor and click Next.
Note: The reason will be included in the email notification to the newly proposed mentor.
6) Click Finish when you see the confirmation message pop up.
TRANSFER MENTORING REQUEST BACK TO THE QUEUE
If you have already accepted a mentoring request but circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to serve as a mentor you can send the request back to the client intake queue for a new mentor assignment.
1) From the Client Mentoring Requests Details page, click the down arrow and select Transfer to Queue.
2)Enter a reason for transferring the request back to your chapter's Client Intake Queue and click Next. Note: This note will also be saved in the related section in Notes.
3) The client mentoring request will be transferred back to the Client Intake Queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
ADDING A TEAM MEMBER
A team member would be someone mentoring the same client, but it is not a co-mentor situation. They are working separately. There would be a separate mentor record in the system, but you can view what other volunteers/mentors a client is working with.
1) From the Home Page select My Client Requests.
2) Identify the record you wish to view or add a team member and click View.
3) Click the down arrow and select Add Team Members.
4) Search a team member within your chapter or outside of your chapter.
5) Select a team member by clicking the box before their name and then click Next.
5) Click Finish when you see the confirmation message pop up.
6) The new team member will now appear under the Case Team section. As a team member, you are able to view the mentoring request and all the sessions added by the lead mentor.
Note: A team member does not have access to edit any of the lead mentor's existing sessions but they have the ability to create a new mentoring request if they want to mentor the client in their own separate session by clicking Add/Edit Session button which will start the Create a Request workflow.
UPDATING A CLIENT'S MENTORING REQUEST STATUS
Throughout a client’s journey with SCORE, the status of each mentoring request they submit will change multiple times. Note: statuses of Submitted, In progress, Reassigned or Pending reassignment will update automatically.
- To update a client’s mentoring request status, access the mentoring request record in the system. From the Client Mentoring Request Details page, click the down arrow and select Update Status.
- Update the case status and/or mark the client as contacted by checking the box. Then, click the Next button to save the change.
Notes on the following Status:
- Unable to Contact is used if you are unable to contact the client. This removes the request from the CNYC report but may remain in the My Active Client list.
- Withdrawn is used if the client changes their mind about wanting or needing SCORE services. This is similar to what was previously known as closing-out a client. This removes the request from the CNYC report and from the mentor's My Active Client list.
- Change the status to Complete when you have completed and provided substantive mentoring advice to your client and they no longer require your service. This removes the request from all Client Not Yet report and the mentor's My Active Client list.