Once a client has been assigned a mentor, the mentor will receive an email notification from Engage to inform them of the assignment. The mentor can access the client record from a link provided in the email. Once in the system the mentor must accept or decline the request assignment. If the mentor declines the request, the client request will go back into the client intake queue where the Client Intake Coordinator will assign a different mentor. If the mentor accepts the request, they can review the request and reach out to the client to schedule a session.
A mentor is also able to refer a client to another mentor directly at any time and view other volunteers, or Team, that are working with the client. This article is focused on walking you through these scenarios and what to do if you are unable to contact a client after accepting a mentor request.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Adding a Client
- Receiving a Mentor Request
- Accept/Decline Mentor Request
- Send Email to Clients (opens to another guide))
- Refer Client to Another Mentor (opens to another guide)
- Transfer to Queue
- Adding a Team Member
- Updating a Client’s Mentoring Request Status
- When to Use the Mentoring Statuses
- Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
- Session Activity Report
ADDING A CLIENT
As a Mentor, you can add a new client in Engage by following the steps in this guide - Adding a Client as a Mentor.
RECEIVING A MENTORING REQUEST
An email notification is sent to a mentor when a request is
- assigned by the Client Intake Coordinator or,
- when the client submits a direct request
The system notification will include a link to the Client Mentoring Request in Engage with instructions to Accept or Decline the request. The client mentoring request will have a status of Assigned – Pending.
Note: If you have previously accepted a mentoring request and circumstances arise that prevent you from serving as a mentor to the client click here to view how to transfer the request back into the client intake queue.
2) To view your Mentoring Requests, from the Home Page select My Client Requests.
3) Click View on any record to review the request details.
Note: You can also view client requests assigned to you that are currently in progress. From the Home Page select My Client Request (Assigned/Not Counseled) to view a list of all client requests currently in progress.
ACCEPT/DECLINE MENTOR REQUEST
A mentor is required to accept/decline a mentor request when assigned a mentoring request case. The system sends a notification to the mentor to start this process. They will also receive a 24-hour reminder email about the assigned request. Another notification email is sent in 48 hours if the mentor has not accepted or declined the request. The mentoring request is returned to the Client Intake Queue after 5 business days (excluding weekends) have elapsed. The Client Intake Coordinator receives a notification email when the request is returned. In addition, the client also receives an email about the delay. View the notifications here. (You must be signed in to your @scorevolunteer.org account). To accept/decline a mentoring request, please follow the steps below.
1) Click the link from the email notification or from the Engage homepage, click My Client Requests (Need Action).
2) Click View to open the Client Mentoring Request Details page. Note: The mentor can also get to this page by clicking the link from the notification email.
3) To accept or decline the request, click the Accept/Decline Request button.
4) Select Accept/Decline Assignment by clicking the circle next to your choice.
Note: If the mentor tries to add a session without accepting the assignment, the mentor will get a pop-up window alert that will prevent them from proceeding. The system will then lead them to this Accept/Decline workflow.
5a) Accepting the Assignment - When you select Accept Assignment, the next window will require you to send a Note to the Client. A copy of this note will be saved in the Notes section of the case.
- The accepted mentoring request will appear in My Client Requests.
5b) Declining the Assignment -When you select Decline Assignment, you are required to enter a reason for declining on the next page. The client mentoring request will return to the client intake queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified to reassign the request.
SEND AN EMAIL TO THE CLIENT
Please click this link to the detailed guide on How To: Send Email to Clients in Engage.
REFER THE CLIENT TO ANOTHER MENTOR
At any point, you may wish to refer a client to another mentor. You can do this from the Client Mentoring Request Details.
1) Navigate to the client mentoring request details page from the Home Page by selecting My Client Requests.
2) Click View on any record to review the request details.
3) Once on the client mentoring request details click the down arrow and select Refer Mentor.
4) Select the mentor you would like to refer and click Next.
5) Enter the reason you are referring this client to the new mentor and click Next. The referred mentor will receive an email notification about this referral and the reason you enter in this window will be included in that email.
6) Click Finish when you see the confirmation message pop up.
7) Confirm that your referred mentor is added to the Case Team list view.
For more information regarding referring a client to another mentor process, view this guide: Refer A Client To Another Mentor
TRANSFER MENTORING REQUESTS BACK TO THE QUEUE
If you have already accepted a mentoring request but circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to serve as a mentor you can send the request back to the client intake queue for a new mentor assignment.
1) From the Client Mentoring Requests Details page, click the down arrow and select Transfer to Queue.
2)Enter a reason for transferring the request back to your chapter's Client Intake Queue and click Next. Note: This note will also be saved in the related section in Notes.
3) The client mentoring request will be transferred back to the Client Intake Queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
ADDING A TEAM MEMBER
What is a Team Member?
A team member is another person that has view/edit access to the mentoring request. In Engage, adding a team member to a mentoring request assigned to you means that the team member who is an active mentor has the ability to view and add their own mentoring session to the same mentoring request. Provisional mentors and Subject Matter Experts will still have view access but are unable to add their own mentoring session until they are active and/or change their classification to Mentor respectively.
Please visit this page to read more about the updated functionality of a Team Member in Engage.
1) From the Home Page select My Client Requests.
2) Identify the record you wish to view or add a team member and click View.
3) Click the down arrow and select Add Team Members.
4) Search for a team member within your chapter or outside of your chapter.
5) Select a team member by clicking the box before their name and then click Next.
5) Click Finish when you see the confirmation message pop up.
6) The new team member will now appear under the Case Team section.
UPDATING A CLIENT'S MENTORING REQUEST STATUS
Throughout a client’s journey with SCORE, the status of each mentoring request they submit will change multiple times. Note: statuses of Submitted, In progress, Reassigned or Pending reassignment will update automatically.
- To update a client’s mentoring request status, access the mentoring request record in the system. From the Client Mentoring Request Details page, click the down arrow and select Update Status.
- Update the case status and/or mark the client as contacted by checking the box. Then, click the Next button to save the change.
WHEN TO USE THE FOLLOWING STATUS
|Status||When to Use|
|Submitted||Automatically assigned by Engage to all new unassigned requests.|
|In progress||Automatically assigned by the system when a request is accepted by the assigned mentor.|
|Pending Reassignment||Automatically assigned by the system when a request is declined by the assigned mentor.|
|Unable to Contact||
Mentors should use this if they are unable to contact the client and this client will remain in their My Client Requests list view.
The request will also be removed from the CNYCounseled report.
Also, see Mark as Contacted status.
This is comparable to a close-out and when mentors use this status, the client will be taken off their active client requests list.
Use this if the client changes their mind about wanting or needing SCORE services.
The request will also be removed from the CNYCounseled report.
Also, see Mark as Contacted status.
|Mark as Contacted (check box)||
As of May 2022, this check box will be automatically marked when a mentor accepts the mentoring request.
The request will be removed from the CNYContacted report.
Only use this when there is at least one session in the request and the client has been provided substantive mentoring advice and they no longer require our service. The client will be taken off your active client requests list. Also, the request will no longer appear in all CNYC reports.
As of August 2022, we've added a feature in Engage that will not allow mentors to use Complete status when there is 0 session saved to the request.
ADDING A NOTE TO THE MENTORING REQUEST
To add a non-session note in a mentoring request, please follow the steps on this guide: Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
Where to find the SESSION ACTIVITY REPORT - Video
5/23/2022 - Updated to include a link to the new article: How To: Send Email to Clients in Engage
Updated to clarify Team Member definition.
9/16/2022 - Added Section on how and where to find the Session Activity Report
Please sign in to leave a comment.