Once a mentoring session has been held with a client, it is the responsibility of the mentor to record their session notes in Engage. This article is focused on walking you through how to create a session note, edit an existing session, and add a co-mentor to your session (which is only done in the session creation).
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Create or Edit a Mentoring Session
- Add a New Session from an Existing Session
- Remove a File from a Session
- Add a Note to the Mentoring Session
- Add a Co-Mentor
Record a Mentoring Session
1) From the Home Page, click My Client Requests under My Client Mentoring section.
4) Click the radio button next to Create New Session and then click Next. If editing an existing session, please select the date and time from the pop-up window and then click Next.
5) Enter the Chapter and Branch Location (if applicable) and then click, Next.
6) Enter the Session Date/Time. Select the primary nature of the session, note any other mentoring provided, select Session Mentoring Type (in person, phone, email or video), Language Used (with an option to enter a second language used), sessions notes, check the box next to Email Session Notes to Client if you would like the session notes emailed to the client, note any Homework Assigned, and indicate whether or not the client has started a new business. Then click Next.
7) You can attach a variety of files (documents, spreadsheets, or images) to the session record. You can do this by clicking Select From My Uploaded Files or you can upload new files by clicking Upload Files below. Click Next to go to the next page.
8a) Select From My Uploaded Files will show you files that you've already uploaded before. Search the file by name and check the box before the filename. Then, click Next.
9) When you have uploaded the files you would like to upload, click Next.
10) Then, enter the hours you spent on the mentoring session, including Session Hours, Prep Hours, and Travel Hours.
Note: If adding a mentor, select the box to Add hours for Co-Mentor 1 and check out the steps here.
11) You will receive a confirmation note that the session information has been recorded and that you will be asked to review the client’s information for accuracy in the next two screens. Click Next.
12) The first step is to review the client’s demographic information and make updates to any inaccurate information. Then click Next.
13) If you selected YES to the question in the first page (see step 5) then, a business information page will pull up. Enter the answer to the required fields in this business info page and click Next.
Note: The Entrepreneur Type field has been moved to the Demographics page (the previous page, see step 11)) from the Business info page.
14) You have now completed the process and can click Finish.
Add a New Session from an Existing Session
As of September 2021, Lead Mentors also have the ability to add/edit a session when viewing an existing session.
1) From the Home Page, click My Sessions.
3) On the existing session, the lead mentor can launch the Add/Edit Session flow instead of having to go back to the client mentoring request page.
4) Refer to Create or Edit a Mentoring Session for the next steps after clicking the Add/Edit Session button.
Remove a File from a Session
- From the Home Page, click My Sessions.
- Click View to access the session record.
- From the related list on the right column, find the Files section. Then click View All.
- Click the drop-down arrow inline with the file you want to remove. Then, select Delete.
- Select Delete on the confirm window and your file will be removed from the session.
Add a Note to the Mentoring Session
- From the Home Page, click My Sessions.
- Locate the mentoring session you would like to record information on. Click View to access the session record.
- Click New Note.
- Enter a subject and enter your notes. Then click Done to save.