This guide contains the steps on how to accomplish common Mentor tasks in Engage. A How-to-Video is also provided after each topic.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Login to Engage
- Update Your Profile
- Accept/Decline Mentor Request
- Record a Session
- Update a Client’s Mentoring Request Status
- Add a New Client
How to Login
- Once your chapter is live in Engage, you will receive an email to your SVO (@scorevolunteer.org) account prompting you to login to Engage via the URL: https://score.force.com/s/
- Click the Sign in with Google button.
- If you are already logged into your personal SVO account, you will be taken right into Engage.
Note: If you are not logged into your personal SVO account, you will be prompted to do so. If you have multiple Google accounts, you will need to select your personal SVO account from the list to proceed with logging into Engage.
Update Your Profile
- From the Engage homepage, select My Profile from the top navigation bar.
- Click Edit and the Edit Contact information window shows. You can edit your Contact Information and scroll down to the other sections you would like to update.
- This page also allows you to review your Volunteer Classification and Status.
- Check the box to Accept Direct Request if you want to appear in Client Search results for a Mentor. The new business policy states that all profiles for volunteers with a classification of Mentor and a status of Active will be visible on the website.
- Click Save to submit any changes made on your profile.
- Uploading a picture is a requirement for all mentors. To upload an image, click Upload Picture.
- Then, click Choose File and select the photo from your computer.
- Click Upload and the image will then be saved as your new profile picture
Accept/Decline Mentor Request
When a client mentoring request is assigned to a mentor, they receive a system notification.
- From the Engage homepage, click My Client Requests (Need Action).
- Click View to open the Client Mentoring Request Details page.
- Click the Accept/Decline Request button.
- To accept the request, select Accept Assignment and click Next. Enter your note to the client and click Next. The accepted request will now appear in My Client Requests (Assigned).
- To decline a request, select Decline Assignment and click Next. Enter the reason for declining and click Next. The client mentoring request will return to the Client Intake Queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified to reassign the request.
Record A Session
- From the Engage homepage, click any of the My Client Requests links.
- Click My Client Requests (Assigned/Not Counseled) link when recording a first session for a client.
- Click the My Client Requests (Assigned) link when recording a session for a returning client.
- Click View to view the Client Mentoring Request Details page.
- Click Add/Edit Session
- Select Create a New Session and click Next.
- Enter the Session Date and Time, select the Chapter and Branch Location, select the primary nature of the session, note any other mentoring provided, select Session Mentoring Type (in person, phone, email or video), Language Used (with an option to enter a second language used), sessions notes, check the box next to Email Session Notes to Client if you would like the session notes emailed to the client, note any Homework Assigned, and indicate whether or not the client has started a new business. Then click Next.
- Upload Files as needed and click Next. If uploading, the next window will allow you to navigate the file on your computer and select to Open file. Click Done after the file has been uploaded. Click Next to proceed to the next window.
- Enter the hours you spent on the mentoring session, including Session Hours, Prep Hours, and Travel Hours. If you would like the same number of hours logged for a team member who worked with you on the session check the box next to Add hours for [Team Member]. Then click Next.
- Click Next when the system confirms that the session has been recorded.
- The next window allows you to review the client’s information. If no data is needed to be updated/changed, click Next on the next two pages.
- Click Finish. And the saved session should be posted under the Sessions section on the current page – Client Mentoring Request Details page.
Update A Client’s Mentoring Request Status
- To manually update a client’s mentoring request status, click any of the My Client Requests links.
- Find the client from the list and click View.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Update Status.
- Update the case status and/or mark the client as contacted by checking the box.
Note: The status of Submitted, In progress, and Reassigned are often updated automatically by the system.
- Select Unable to Contact if you were not able to reach the client by mail, phone, or email. Select Withdrawn if the client changed their mind about needing SCORE services.
- Select Complete if all client questions have been answered and their needs have been met. Any of these statuses will remove client requests from the Not Yet Counseled and the Needs Action list views.
5. Click Save after updating the status.
Add A New Client
- First, conduct a search for the client to confirm that they do not already have a record in Engage. From the Engage homepage, type their first and last name or email address in the global search box and click Search.
- If no contact record exists, click the link near the top of the page that reads “To create a new client contact record click here”. Please click the link to start the client creation.
- On the next screen, enter the client’s First Name, Last Name, Email address, Phone number, and Zip code. Then, click Next. Note: For each unique client, you must collect their first name, last name, email address, phone number, and zip code. This is an SBA requirement.
- The page will confirm that a record has been created. Select Click Here on the screen to access the newly created record. If you have multiple client contact records to create, click Finish to repeat the process.
Note: On a client's contact record, there is an option to Run Report. Use this option if you are adding a returning client and you want to view their sessions from CORE.
- To create a mentoring request, click Add/Edit Session If there are no existing mentoring requests, a window to create a new mentoring request will be available.
- Enter the client’s mentoring question(s) and click Next.
- If a session has already taken place, please select Create New Session and click Next. If a session has not yet taken place, click the X to exit the screen.