Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
If a person has never requested mentoring services from SCORE, not migrated from CORE (no activity during FY19 or FY20), or if they were initially assigned to a chapter still on CORE but were reassigned to a chapter already live on Engage, you will need to create a client contact record for them in Engage.
For clients who have not submitted a mentor request form, such as walk-ins or clients who contact the chapter by phone, this article will explain how to create a record for them in Engage as a Client Intake Coordinator and as a Mentor.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Content
Add a Client - Client Intake Coordinator
The following steps allow a CIC to create a client record AND a mentoring request in Engage on behalf of the client.
1) Access the mentor request form and have the client complete it or complete it on their behalf. Copy and paste the URL as follows, replacing the ending with your four-digit chapter number: https://score.tfaforms.net/16/?companyid=XXXX
2) If the mentor utilizes the scheduling tool in Engage, there is an additional line under the Mentor Request Information section asking clients if they would like to schedule an appointment now.
3) Click Submit and let them know they will receive an email confirming the request submission and follow-up notification when they are successfully matched with a mentor.
4) You can now locate the request in your client intake queue in Engage and assign it to a mentor.
Add a Client - Mentor
Note: You can only add a client record in Engage using the steps provided below if you have the classification of a Mentor.
1) First, conduct a search for the client to confirm that they do not already have a record in Engage. From the Home page, type their first and last name or email address in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
2) If no contact record exists, click here on the below screen to create a new client Contact record.
3) Enter the client’s First Name, Last Name, Email address, Phone number, and Zip code. Then, click Next. Note: For each unique client, you must collect their first name, last name, email address, phone number, and zip code. This is an SBA requirement.
4) To access the newly created client contact record, click Click Here on the screen below. And if you have multiple client contact records to create, click Finish to repeat the process.
Edit Client Information
1) From the Home page, type the client’s first and last name or email address in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
2) Locate the client’s name in the search results and click on it.
3) From the client contact record, select Edit.
4) Edit and update the client’s information. Then, click Save.