Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
If a person has never requested mentoring services from SCORE, not migrated from CORE (no activity during FY19 or FY20), or if they were initially assigned to a chapter still on CORE but were reassigned to a chapter already live on Engage, you will need to create a client contact record for them in Engage.
For clients who have not submitted a mentor request form, such as walk-ins or clients who contact the chapter by phone, this article will explain how to create a record for them in Engage as a Client Intake Coordinator and as a Mentor.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Content
Add a Client - Client Intake Coordinator
- Access the mentor request form and have the client complete it or complete it on their behalf. Copy and paste the URL as follows, replacing the ending with your four-digit chapter number: https://score.tfaforms.net/16/?companyid=XXXX
- Click Submit and let them know they will receive an email confirming the request submission and follow-up notification when they are successfully matched with a mentor.
- You can now locate the request in your client intake queue in Engage and assign it to a mentor.
Add a Client - Mentor
Note: You can only add a client record in Engage using the steps provided below if you have the classification of a Mentor.
- First, conduct a search for the client to confirm that they do not already have a record in Engage. From the Home page, type their first and last name or email address in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
- If no contact record exists, click here on the below screen to create a new client Contact record.
- Enter the client’s First Name, Last Name, Email address, Phone number, and Zip code. Then, click Next. Note: For each unique client, you must collect their first name, last name, email address, phone number, and zip code. This is an SBA requirement.
- To access the newly created client contact record, click Click Here on the screen below. If you have multiple client contact records to create, click Finish to repeat the process.
- After adding the client, you can run the Session Activity Report.
- From the client contact record, select Add/Edit Session to enter the client’s mentoring request question(s). Note: You can also select Edit to fill in additional details about the client. See the next section of this article.
- Enter the client’s mentoring question(s) and click Next.
- If a session has already taken place, please select Create New Session and click Next. If a session has not yet taken place, click the X to exit the screen.
Edit Client Information
- From the Home page, type the client’s first and last name or email address in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
- Locate the client’s name in the search results and click on it.
- From the client contact record, select Edit.
4. Edit and update the client’s information. Then, click Save.