Volunteer profiles are an important tool to help clients connect with mentors for help with their business. All volunteer profiles have the option of being searchable on www.score.org to not only better serve our clients, but also to increase your ability to identify Subject Matter Experts. To make your profile viewable on score.org, a profile:
- Must have a photo associated with the account.
- Must select a minimum of 1 and maximum of 6 areas of expertise and 6 industries.
- Must provide a career summary (“How I Can Help You” information for clients).
- Must select or update the languages section of your profile.
Please review SCORE’s Volunteer Profile Best Practices to help optimize your profile for the client mentor search.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Volunteer Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
Update your profile
1. From the Home Page, select My Profile from the top navigation bar. Select Edit.
2. Volunteer Name and Chapter:
Click on the Pencil to edit your Name and Mobile Phone Number.
3. Volunteer Classification and Status:
You can review current Classification, All Earned Classifications, Workshop Presenter flag, Profile on the SCORE website, Join Date and Leave Date.
4. Contact Details:
Click on the Pencil to edit Phone Number, Phone Type, Fax Number, Preferred Contact Method, Secondary Phone and Secondary Phone Type.
5. Mentor’s Direct Request Settings:
Click on the Pencil to edit Accept Direct Requests (if checked you will appear in Client Search results for a Mentor) and Serve Clients Outside of Local Area. .
6. Volunteer Profile Information Displayed on the Website:
Click on the Pencil to edit Fluent Languages, Areas of Expertise (select at least one), Subject Matter Expertise (use keywords to maximize searchability), How Can You Help Score Clients, Industry Experience (select one), Mentoring Methods (Email, In Person, Phone, Video) and Education (details).
Business policy: All profiles for volunteers with a classification of Mentor and a status of Active will be visible on the website.
7. Address Information:
Click on the Pencil to edit Mailing Address and Secondary Address.
8. Volunteer Demographics:
Click on the Pencil to edit optional demographic information, including to edit Race, Gender, Spouse First Name, Birth Year, Work Experience, Work Status, Military Status and Disability Status.
9. Social Media Information:
Click on the Pencil to edit LinkedIn (URL for your profile), Skype (address), Blog (URL), YouTube (URL), Instagram, and Twitter (handle).
For mentors, a profile picture must be included in your profile.
- From your Profile, click Upload Picture.
- Click Choose a file to select the photo from your computer.
- Once the file has been selected, click Then click Save.
Volunteer Profile Review Requirements
Volunteers with classification Mentor must review their volunteer profile annually (based on Active Date). Mentors will be notified via email 30 days prior to Active Volunteer Status Date to review their volunteer profile.