Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
When a client submits a mentoring request, the request is automatically sent to the client intake queue. The client intake coordinator will need to go into the client intake queue to assign incoming requests. Additionally, the request will remain in the queue until a mentoring session is entered to allow the client intake coordinator to monitor the progress of each request and follow-up if the time elapses and there is no movement with the request. This article is focused on viewing mentoring requests in Engage, assigning and reassigning requests to a mentor, and monitoring the progress of assigned requests.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed in to your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Receiving the Mentor Request
- Assigning/Reassigning the Request to a Mentor
- Case Assignment
- Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
- Send Email to Clients in Engage
- Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
Receiving the Mentor Request
- The Client Intake Coordinator will receive an email notification of a client mentoring request being submitted. To view the request they can click the link in the email or navigate to the Client Intake Queue. To navigate to the Client Intake Queue, click the Client Requests –Need Action link under Chapter Client Mentoring.
- The Client Intake Coordinator will need to review the Client Intake Queue periodically to ensure the requests are moving forward. If the client mentoring request has become stagnant, the Client Intake Coordinator should follow-up with the mentor.
- The statuses related to a mentoring request are:
Assigning/Reassigning a Mentoring Request
1) From the homepage, select Client Requests - Need Action.
2) Locate the mentor request in the queue and click View to view the mentoring request details.
3) Then, click the Assign/Reassign button.
Note: This view also shows if a client is New or Existing.
4) The assignment page will list all active mentors in your chapter. You can also search by district and also by revision by clicking the box below the list. When you've selected the mentor to assign this request, click Next.
Note: When deciding which mentor to assign, please remember to review the number of assignments the volunteer currently has with the goal of not overburdening a mentor with too many assignments. That information is located in #Assignments column.
5) A message on the screen will confirm the assignment, click Finish on this window.
When to Use this Process: The CIC can change the case owner when they know that the assigned mentor will not be able to accept/decline the request without having to wait 5 business days for the system to put it back in the Client Intake Queue.
1) From the homepage, select Chapter Client Requests by Status.
2a) Search the client by name on the search this list.
2b) Alternatively, you can click the drop-down from the current list view and then select the chapter's Client Intake list view.
3) Locate the request and click the drop-down arrow and then select Change Owner.
4) On the Change Case Owner window do the following actions:
- click the drop-down arrow
- select Queues
- type in your chapter's name on the field e.g. Richmond
- then, select the chapter's Client Intake queue
5) Click Submit and the mentoring request will go back to the chapter's client intake view so the Client Intake Coordinator will be able to reassign it to another matching mentor.
Note: You can also send an email notification to alert all CIC regarding this change by checking the box to Send Notification Email.
Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
Before a mentoring session is held and recorded, the Client Intake Coordinator may need to document actions that have taken place regarding the mentoring request.
1) View the Client Mentoring Request Details page. Click the drop-down arrow then select Add Note from the drop-down list.
2) Add a note to this client request, then click Next.
3) The page will refresh and you will be able to view your note in the Notes section in the related list.
Send an Email to the Client
Please click this link to the detailed guide on How To: Send Email to Clients in Engage.
Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
- If a client is located outside of your chapter’s service area or if the client requests to be transferred, you can transfer the request to a different chapter. From the Client Mentoring Request Details click the down arrow and select Transfer Chapter.
- Select the chapter queue. *Note: if the chapter is not yet live on Engage, select the National Intake Queue. In the Reason field, enter the reason for transferring it to another chapter and click Next.
- The client mentoring request will be transferred to the newly selected chapter and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
- The client mentoring request will no longer appear in your chapter's Client Intake queue.