Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
When a client submits a mentoring request, the request is automatically sent to the client intake queue. The client intake coordinator will need to go into the client intake queue to assign incoming requests. Additionally, the request will remain in the queue until a mentoring session is entered to allow the client intake coordinator to monitor the progress of each request and follow-up if time elapses and there is no movement with the request. This article is focused on viewing mentoring requests in Engage, assigning and reassigning requests to a mentor and monitoring the progress of assigned requests.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Receiving the Mentor Request
- Assigning the Request to a Mentor
- Case Assignment
- Reassign a Mentor Request
- Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
- Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
Receiving the Mentor Request
- The Client Intake Coordinator will receive an email notification of a client mentoring request being submitted. To view the request they can click the link in the email or navigate to the Client Intake Queue. To navigate to the Client Intake Queue, click the Client Requests –Need Action link under Chapter Client Mentoring.
- The Client Intake Coordinator will need to review the Client Intake Queue periodically to ensure the requests are moving forward. If the client mentoring request has become stagnant, the Client Intake Coordinator should follow-up with the mentor.
- The statuses related to a mentoring request are:
Assigning The Mentor Request To A Mentor
- Alternatively, you can locate the mentor request in the queue and click View to view the mentoring request details.
- Click the Assign/Reassign button.
Note: This view also shows if a client is New or Existing.
- By default, all mentors in your chapter will appear. You can broaden the search to district by checking the checkbox and hit Next.
- You can broaden the search to region by checking the checkbox and then hit Next.
- When deciding which mentor to assign, please remember to review the number of assignments the volunteer currently has with the goal of not overburdening a mentor with too many assignments. That information is located in # Assignments column.
- Click the checkbox next to the mentor you would like to assign and click Next.
- A message will appear on the screen stating that the mentor has been added. Click Finish.
- From the Client Intake Queue, you can quickly change who is able to access the request to complete the tasks associated with managing by changing the case owner. To do this locate the mentor request in the Client Intake Queue and click the down arrow .
- Then select Change Owner.
- Type in the name of who you wish to make the case owner and click submit.
Reassign A Mentor Request
- There are several scenarios where a mentoring request will need to be reassigned, such as if a proposed mentor declines a mentoring request or the mentoring request is not acted on in a timely manner. To accomplish this, locate the mentoring request in the Client Intake Queue and click View.
- From the Client Mentoring Request Details, click the Assign/Reassign button.
- Select a new mentor and click Next.
- You can now view the new proposed mentor on the Client Mentoring Request Details page and the request will be given a status of Assigned-Pending.
Adding a Note to the Mentor Request
- Before a mentoring session is held and recorded, the Client Intake Coordinator may need to document actions that have taken place regarding the mentoring request. From the client intake queue, locate the mentor request and click View to view the mentoring request details.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the quick action buttons and select Add Note. Note: This is similar to the process of adding a non-session note in CORE.
- Add additional information for the mentor about this client request, then click Next.
- The page will refresh and you will be able to view the note in the Notes related list.
Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
- If a client is located outside of your chapter’s service area or if the client requests to be transferred, you can transfer the request to a different chapter. From the Client Mentoring Request Details click the down arrow and select Transfer Chapter.
- Select the chapter queue. *Note: if the chapter is not yet live on Engage, select the National Intake Queue. In the Reason field, enter the reason for transferring it to another chapter and click Next.
- The client mentoring request will be transferred to the newly selected chapter and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
- The client mentoring request will no longer appear in the Chapter Mentoring Requests.
Note: for client requests submitted to a chapter still on CORE and reassigned to a chapter live on Engage, the client will need to be manually added using this process.