Once a client has been assigned a mentor, the mentor will receive an email notification from Engage to inform them of the assignment. The mentor can access the client record from a link provided in the email. Once in the system the mentor must accept or decline the request assignment. If the mentor declines the request, the client request will go back into the client intake queue where the Client Intake Coordinator will assign a different mentor. If the mentor accepts the request, they can review the request and reach out to the client to schedule a session.
A mentor is also able to refer a client to another mentor directly at any time and view other volunteers, or Team, that are working with the client. This article is focused on walking you through these scenarios and what to do if you are unable to contact a client after accepting a mentor request.
Table of Contents:
- Receiving a Mentor Request
- Accept/Decline Mentor Request
- Refer Client to Another Mentor
- Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
- Transfer to Queue
- Adding a Team Member
- Updating a Client’s Status
Receiving a Mentor Request
- A system notification will be sent to the Mentor when an assignment has been made. The system notification will include a link to the Client Mentoring Request in Engage with instructions to Accept or Decline the request. The client mentoring request will have a status of Assigned – Pending.
- Note: If you have previously accepted a mentoring request and circumstances arise that prevent you from serving as a mentor to the client click here to view how to transfer the request back into client intake queue.
- To view your Mentoring Requests, from the Home Page select My Client Requests (Assigned).
- Click View on any record to review the request details.
4. You can also view client requests assigned to you that are currently in progress. From the Home Page select My Client Request (Assigned/Not Counseled) to view a list of all clients currently in progress.
Accept/Decline Mentor Request
- When a client mentoring request is assigned to a mentor, they receive a system notification. Click on the link in the email to view the Client Mentoring Request Details. To accept or decline the request, click the Accept/Decline Request button.
- Click the circle next to Accept Assignment to accept the request or click the circle next to Decline Assignment to decline the request.
- If you accepted the mentoring request, it will now appear in My Client Requests (Assigned).
- If you decline the assignment you will need to enter a reason for declining the request. The client mentoring request will return to the Client Intake Queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified to reassign the request.
Refer Client To Another Mentor
- At any point you may wish to refer a client to another mentor. You can do this from the Client Mentoring Request Details. Navigate to the client mentoring request details page from the Home Page by selecting My Client Requests (Assigned).
- Once on the client mentoring request details click the down arrow and select Refer Mentor.
- Select the mentor you would like to refer and click Next.
- Enter the reason you are referring this client to the new mentor and click Next.
Note: the reason will be included in the email notification to the newly proposed mentor.
- Click Finish.
Transferring a Mentor Request to Another Chapter
- If a client is located outside of your chapter’s service area or if the client requests to be transferred, you can transfer the request to a different chapter. From the Client Mentoring Requests Details page, click the down arrow and select Transfer Chapter.
- In the Reason field, enter the reason for transferring it to another chapter and click Next.
- The client mentoring request will be transferred to the newly selected chapter and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
- The client mentoring request will no longer appear in the Chapter Mentoring Requests.
Transfer Mentoring Request Back to the Queue
- If you have already accepted a mentoring request but circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to serve as a mentor you can send the request back to the client intake queue for a new mentor assignment. From the Client Mentoring Requests Details page, click the down arrow and select Transfer to Queue.
- The client mentoring request will be transferred back to the client intake queue and the Client Intake Coordinator will be notified.
- The client mentoring request will no longer appear in your My Client Requests.
Adding a Team Member
Note: A team member would be someone mentoring the same client, but it is not a co-mentor situation. They are working separately. There would be a separate mentor record in the system, but you can view what other volunteers/mentors a client is working with.
1. From the Home Page select My Client Requests (Assigned).
2. Identify the record you wish to view or add a team member and click view.
3. Click the down arrow and select Add Team Members.
4. Select team members and click Next.
5. Click Finish.
Updating a Client's Status
Throughout a client's journey with SCORE, their status will change multiple times. Note: statuses of Submitted, In progress, Reassigned or Pending reassignment will update automatically.
- To update a client's status, access the mentoring request record in the system. From the Client Mentoring Request Details page, click the down arrow and select Edit.
- If the client changes their mind about wanting or needing SCORE services, change their status to Withdrawn.
- If the client’s journey with SCORE is completed, change their status to Complete. Note: This status was previously known as a close-out.
- If you are unable to contact the client, change their status to Unable to Contact.
- Once you have chosen the appropriate status, click Save. Note: the mentoring request will remain assigned to you.