SCORE's vision is to give every person the support they need to thrive as a small business owner. Thanks to our improved database in Engage, we are able to identify areas of opportunity to serve more clients, or re-engage clients that may need SCORE assistance again in the future, and don’t realize that SCORE is truly for the life of their business.
You can find information about clients and mentoring requests that have not been served in the following SCORE BIRT reports:
- Client Conversion Report
- Clients Not Yet Contacted
- Clients Not Yet Assigned
- Clients Not Yet Counseled
We know that these reports don't always tell the whole store. That's why we’ve identified a few steps you can take to review the open mentoring cases, and what actions can be taken to resolve them:
- Clients not yet counseled, but mentor accepted.
Check in with the mentor. Have they been able to connect with the client yet?
- Perhaps they need to update the client Mentoring Request status to ‘unable to contact’ or ‘withdrawn.’
- If they’ve spoken with the client, perhaps they just haven’t gotten around to record that session.
- Mentor accepted but no longer has the capacity. CIC - Client needs to be reassigned. Or Mentor can refer client to another mentor.
- Client was assigned to a mentor that is no longer with SCORE.
- Did client submit a duplicate request, and is already being served? Update the open client Mentoring Request status to ‘withdrawn.’
- Client never served? CIC - Client needs to be reassigned. As some time has passed you may want to reach out to the client to let them know you’ve found a new mentor for them.
- Client has multiple cases and is being served. If the client has multiple email addresses or phone numbers, our system would not have been able to catch that. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to consolidate multiple client records. This will help future mentors serve this client better.
- Volunteer assigned is not able to actively mentor for SCORE at this time.
- CIC - Client needs to be reassigned.
- Volunteer status may need to be updated to ‘Inactive,’ ‘Resigned,’ or 'Emeritus.'
- Volunteer may just wish to pause mentor assignments at this time. Here's a guide to show them how to do this.
- Volunteer may want to only volunteer in other capacities (ie. workshops, marketing), not mentor. Update their volunteer classification accordingly.
- If your chapter is concerned about capacity, please let us know. Here are a couple options for still helping these clients while we work with you to find a longer term solution.
- Consider if the client might need to be reassigned to another area or SCORE chapter
- Email clients to let them know that, we understand they may not have seen a SCORE mentor yet. We are working on finding someone who can assist, and they are always welcome to browse available mentors across the country and directly request someone via our website: https://www.score.org/find-mentor
- Remind clients of the variety of free national webinars and local workshops available to them to get assistance in the meantime: https://www.score.org/take-workshop