Audience: Event Manager
Recreating an event can be setup in Engage using the Clone feature. Cloning an event will copy all the details except the Webinar Information so, make sure to change the Start Date and Time, Close Registration (if applicable), and Early Bird Discount Date (if applicable).
Table of Contents
How to Clone An Event
1A) From the Home Page, select Events - Last 90 Days. Note: Other list views can also be used here: Upcoming, Need Action, Completed.
1B) Alternatively, you can also follow this path: Homepage > My Primary Chapter > Events (Chapter) and select View All.
2) Select the event to clone from the list.
3) In the event record page, click the drop-down arrow and select Clone
4) Now, you can edit the Start Date and Time and End Date and Time and your Event Status to Draft. Also, scroll down to the other event details you may want to modify or review using the scroll bar on the right e.g. Close Registration on Date, Early Bird Discount Date, etc.
If you are missing the scroll bar, please review the Best Practices for Mac Users. When done, click the Save button.
5) After editing the cloned event details, you'll get a window to upload a new image for the event. Click Upload Files or drag and drop file. Then, click Next.
6) The next window will allow you to add a SCORE Workshop Presenter. Select Yes if adding one during the creation or you can always modify the event later to add the Workshop Presenter. Click Next. Click No if you are not adding any workshop presenters at this time.
Note: If you are looking at how to add a Non-SCORE Workshop Presenter, please click here.
6a) Search the presenter by typing their first or last name and click their name from the results. Then, click Next.
6b) If you want to add more SCORE Workshop Presenters and you can select Yes or No and then click Next.
7) When applicable, upload documents or other file resources related to the event here. Click the Upload Files button or drag and drop the file. Then, click Next.
Note: To include this file in the Event Confirmation Email, please follow the steps in Add Event Resources.
8) On the last window, you'll get the confirmation message that you've successfully created an event. Click Finish and you're done!
Notes and Limitations
- When cloning a Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar event, you do not have to remove the meeting/webinar details since these will be automatically removed after saving the cloned event. We strongly suggest replacing the meeting/webinar password to keep the password unique to the cloned event.
- Cloning an event is limited to only copying the details of the event record and will not clone the event image, workshop presenter, or uploaded file.
- One of the limitations on the Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar integrations is that it is not possible to clone a Meeting event and subsequently convert it into a Webinar, nor can a cloned Webinar be converted into a Meeting. This functionality does not currently exist as the two event types operate on distinct platforms and cannot be interchanged.
- Cloning a meeting/webinar event for a shared event is done using the steps on this guide: Cloning Event for Shared Events Only