Audience: Event Manager
The attendee tracking process begins when individuals register for an event and ends with the registrant being marked as attended. This article will walk you through the registration process, provide guidance on how to manage an event wait list, outline the four different ways you can check-in event registrants and how to log event walk-ins.
Table of Contents:
- Registration Form
- Wait lists
- Event Check-in
The registration form can be accessed using the event’s registration link. This link can be copied into a constant contact email or accessed through the website by clicking on the register button.
- Clicking on the registration link brings you to the registration form. Once on the registration form, the Event Details and Event Contact information will be populated. Enter the registrant’s Contact Information and click Next Page.
- If it is a paid event, you will be asked to enter Payment Information. Enter the Cost, Discount Code, and the Credit Card Information. Then, click Submit.
- You will be taken to a Thank You page confirming the registration.
- The registrant will receive an email notification confirming their registration for the event. The confirmation will also contain a QR Code they can scan at the event to check in. This action will also update their status from registered to attended.
- You can view a registrant’s information by clicking on their registrant record listed within the event record.
- The registrant record contains contact information and the QR code that can be used to check-in to the event.
Note: For Anything that is New/Has Changed
- If you receive a notification that someone has canceled their registration to an event, the Event Manager will need to determine the process for moving people from the wait list to a status of ‘registered’.
- You need to access the individual’s registrant record and manually change their status from ‘wait list’ to ‘registered’. From the Home Page, select Events.
- Select the event record by clicking on the Event Name.
- You can view anyone who has registered for the event under Event Registrations. Click View to access their registrant record.
- You can simply enter the email address used to register or you can enter the First Name, Last Name and Email and click
Click on the pencil icon of the Status field and select Edit Status. Select ‘Registered’ and then click Save.
You can check-in registrants four different ways. You can use the check-in form, use the qr code in their registration email or on their registrant record, manually change their status to attended on the registrant record, or perform a bulk update to a group of attendees.
- Registrants can be checked-in using the event check-in form. To access the form, navigate to the event record and click the Event Check-in button.
- You can simply enter the email address used to register or you can enter the First Name, Last Name and Email and click Next.
- You will receive a confirmation that the registrant has been checked in.
- Registrants can be checked-in with their QR Code by using any bar code scanner or a QR Scanner on a mobile device.
- Scan the QR code from the registrant’s confirmation email or navigate to the registrant record and scan the QR code on the record.
- Once the code has been successfully scanned, the registrant’s status will be updated to ‘Attended’ in the system.
Manually Edit the Registrant Record in the System
- Registrants can be checked-in to the event by manually accessing their registrant record and changing their status. To do this, locate their registrant record on the event record and click view.
- Once on the registrant record, locate the status field and click on the pencil icon to edit the status.
- Change the status from ‘Registered’ to ‘Attended’.
- Click Save.
Bulk Edit Registrants
31. From the Home Page, click Update Registrations.
2. This will bring you to a list view of all event registrants that allows you to edit the registration information in bulk.
3. You can filter the list by:
a. Using the down arrow next to events to select Update Registrations - My Events.
b.Or by clicking on the Event column header to sort Events.
4. You can then review the registrants of the event and the current status. To perform a bulk update, select all registrants with a status of registered by clicking on the checkbox next to their record.
5. Hover until you see the pencil icon to edit. Click on the pencil icon.
6. A drop down field will appear allowing you to select a new status.
7. Select Attended.
8. Click on the check box to update the selected registrants. And click Apply.
- You will use the check-in form to register and check-in walk-ins to an event. To access the form, navigate to the event record and click the Event Check-in button.
- You can just enter the email address used to register or you can enter the First Name, Last Name and email and click Next.
- You will receive a message that you are not registered for the event and will be provided a link to register as a walk-in.
- The walk-in checkbox will be selected on their registrant record and their status will be set to ‘Attended’.