Audience: Event Manager
A Note from SCORE HQ:
Previously, we stated that only one chapter (the Host) could record the webinar and attendees so that we would not have duplicate counts in webinars. After discussion, and in order to serve as many clients as possible, and to make it easier for our Chapters, we have amended this policy. Please see below the recommended setup and post-event process for sharing webinars.
This guide covers the best-recommended setup for districts that intend to share events for their chapters. This guide is also built by the recommendations of our Volunteer Trainers and the efforts of Jim Allen from SCORE Columbus OH.
Table of Contents
- Webinar Recording
- Sharing Webinars template for District
- Cloning Event for Shared Events Only
- Post Event
Topic: Event Management - Sharing Events
Date: Apr 14, 2022 01:58 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register to watch the Recording:
Prior to setting up and posting the events, we recommend the district check with their chapters which events they will participate in the shared events. Jim Allen from SCORE Columbus has provided a template you can use. Open the template by clicking the link below and click File and select Make a Copy to create a copy for your use.
HOST Chapter- conducts the actual webinar, clones, and assigns the event to all participating chapters
- host chapter creates the event as in-Person, Meeting or Webinar following this guide: Event Creation
- if creating an online event, the host chapter sets up the event in Engage as a Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar using the integration tools, take note of the Zoom details that will be populated after clicking the Create Meeting/Webinar button.
- clones the event and assigns the cloned event to participating chapters
- leaves the event status as Draft for the cloned event for the participating chapters
- provides the Zoom Webinar details to the participating chapters
PARTICIPATING Chapter - publishes the cloned event to their page, markets event via CTCT, sends email to registrants with the Zoom Webinar details
- changes the event status to Published as needed
- if the event was cloned from a Zoom Meeting/Webinar details - DO NOT ENTER a password and DO NOT USE Create Meeting/Webinar button.
- can edit the event record page if needed e.g. add an image, adjust Survey Timing, edit the description field
- responsible for sending the Zoom Meeting/Webinar details and reminders to the registrants in a separate email since the system will not send this information automatically; the Zoom Meeting/Webinar details will be provided by the host chapter
How to Clone an Event for Shared Webinar Setup Only
Our recommendation is to have the host chapter clone their event and assign it to the participating chapters. Your Event Manager access should allow you to clone one of your chapter events and assign it to another chapter without needing you to log in to different chapters to fulfill this task. See the steps below that detail the cloning process for shared webinar setup only.
1) Open the event you'll be sharing with participating chapters.
2) On the top, click the drop-down arrow next to the quick access button. Then, select Clone.
3) Change the Chapter field. Type in the chapter's name to find them in the system.
4) Change the Event Status to Draft.
5) In the Location Information and under the Location Name, add the Click to Attend <Zoom Webinar Registration link>. Do not enter any information under Street, Zip Code, City, or State fields.
- The Zoom Meeting/Webinar Registration link is found in Zoom. Go to Zoom and access the meeting/webinar created via the integration tool. Then, scroll down to Invitations and copy the link to the registration (click here to view the sample).
- To shorten the Zoom Webinar Registration link, you can use URL shortener websites/apps e.g. Bitly or TinyURL.
6) Remove the Meeting/Webinar Password.
7) Adjust the Registration Details and Event Fee Information as discussed with the chapters you're creating this cloned event for.
8) Change the Event Contact Information to the participating chapter's contact information.
9) Remove any discount details to allow the participating chapters to add their own discounts.
10) After saving the form, the next page will allow you to add the event image.
11) Add the SCORE Workshop Presenters if there are any.
12) Add/Upload files if there are any.
13) Notify the participating chapters via email or phone call that you're done cloning an event for them and it should now appear in the Upcoming Event list view.
HOST Chapter - can use the Update Attendance, send the Attendance report to participating chapters
- uses the Update Attendance button in Engage to automatically update attendees from Zoom which will set the event status to Completed
- downloads the Attendance Report from Zoom
- filters and shares the Zoom Attendance report to all participating chapters
PARTICIPATING Chapter - receives the Attendance report from the host chapter, manually update the registrants statuses
- receives the Zoom Attendance report from the host chapter
- searches/filters the Zoom Attendance report to identify the chapter's registrants and should not add new registrants from this report to their chapter event
- updates the registrants statuses to Attended/No Show using the step for In-Person Post Processing
- changes the event status to Completed