The Chapter of the Year Awards have officially been announced! If your chapter received an award, consider sharing the news of this achievement with your local clients.
A full list of this year’s national, regional, and district winners can be found here: 2024 Chapter of the Year Winners
Learn more about the history of the program and chapter selection criteria by visiting the following Support Center page: Chapter of the Year Program.
National, Regional, and District Chapter of the Year(COTY) badges can be found and downloaded here: 2024 COTY Badges.
For all winners, SCORE HQ will add a COTY badge to the respective chapter’s homepage, like the example below with SCORE Broward.
If interested in highlighting this award further on your local site, please refer to the below ideas that your local webmaster or web vendor could add.
- Local impact page: https://www.score.org/seattle/about/our-impact
- Content block on homepage: https://www.score.org/utah & https://www.score.org/centralmaine
Consider sending an email notifying your clients and local partners of this achievement.
A Constant Contact template titled “Chapter of the Year Awards Announcement to Send to Clients” has been dropped into all COTY winner accounts. Before sending this email, please make sure to fill in the required information about your local chapter.
Local impact stats or a success story would be a great addition to this email as well. (Please note, the new 2023 impact stats will be available mid-March if you would like to wait until then to distribute this email to your client base).
Press Release Template
A press release template has been created that your chapter can customize to distribute to local news stations to further promote this local chapter's achievement: COTY Award Press Release Template.
Check out some national and regional examples below.
- SCORE SE Wisconsin 2024 COTY Press Release
- SCORE Broward 2023 COTY Press Release
- SCORE Central Maine 2023 Regional COTY Press Release
If you have any questions about how to create or distribute a press release, please email email@example.com.
For the COTY Awards, we created a library of content within SOCi for your use as organic social media posts to help celebrate this amazing achievement!
We provide assets, templates and social media posts through SOCi for Social Media Chairs to schedule at their convenience.
Organic Posts on Social Media
Instructions on accessing the library are below, but feel free to customize the copy and add a local touch.
View the SOCi Knowledge Base guide here OR follow these instructions:
- Login to SOCi at https://app.meetsoci.com/
- Navigate to Social > Libraries > "Chapter of the Year Toolkit”
- Choose a message you want to schedule.
- Click the calendar icon next to the message. The message selected will then open as a pop-up for you to make any final edits.
- Scroll down and click the check box next to “Schedule” in order to add this message for a future date on your Scheduler.
- Then, choose the date and timing that you want your message to be published and click “Schedule Post” to add this message to your calendar.