Small Business Saturday is Coming! (November 24th, 2018)
Promotional Toolkit for SCORE Chapters
- Ask your clients to post the SCORE Proud to be a #SCORESmallBiz sticker in a highly visible place at their small business. Using the promotional power surrounding Small Business Saturday, this sticker will draw attention to SCORE’s support of small businesses while creating some word-of-mouth buzz with the #SCORESmallBiz hashtag on the social media site Twitter. Download or order these decals from the SCORE Store (http://www.score.org/volunteers/store).
- Encourage your clients to promote Small Business Saturday to their prospective and current clients to generate more traffic. Customize and distribute the Small Business Saturday flyer (template is included in this toolkit) for their use and yours.
- Visit your SCORE clients’ locations on Small Business Saturday. Encourage your friends, family, and associates to do the same.
- Send an email to partners and clients (see template below)
Dear SCORE Partners, Clients and Friends,
I’m writing to make you aware of an important and exciting event in our community. November 24, 2018 is the 9th annual celebration of Small Business Saturday – a day expressing support of and patronage at small businesses across the country. Right in between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Small Business Saturday highlights the important role that small enterprises play in our communities.
We encourage you to join us in celebrating Small Business Saturday by:
- Visiting small businesses in your community
- Spreading the word through word-of-mouth, website, email and social media
- Proudly display the SCORE Proud to be a #SCORESmallBiz sticker (attached) in your establishment
With your help we can make sure that small businesses receive the recognition they deserve!
- Share information about Small Business Saturday with your local partners and alliance organizations. Ask them to get involved by spreading the word on their websites, in their newsletters, at their meetings, and throughout their social media networks. Engage in conversations about the value of small businesses to your local community and why Small Business Saturday is important to your community on November 24th and year round.
- With permission, distribute SCORE flyers and handouts in your clients’ small business locations prior to and on Small Business Saturday.
- Call your local radio and TV stations, asking them to promote Small Business Saturday and raise awareness of the importance of supporting small businesses in your community. Provide local stations with the customizable TV/RADIO Talking Points included in this toolkit via fax, mail or in-person delivery.
- Submit an article about SCORE and Small Business Saturday (or the below sample blogpost) to your local com site.
To post on Patch.com, simply:
- Go to http://www.patch.com
- Select the desired location on the right
- Click News at the top, then select Announcements
- Click the Add an Announcement button in the top right corner
- Enter the relevant information
- Click Post My Announcement to post