Media Relations 101: A Guide to Getting Started
- How to build a press list
- Developing & maintaining media relationships
- Making use of SCORE public relations resources
Gary Robinson from SCORE Memphis, a former journalist, shared his insights and best practice tips for other chapters to follow.
Media Relations 102: What Makes a Good Story?
- The elements of a good story
- Pitching techniques and best practices
- Identifying volunteers and clients to serve as chapter media spokespeople
- How to build awareness of SCORE in your community through local media
Linda Zangrilli and Charlie Morris of SCORE Bucks County explained how the press operation in their local chapter works and how they've successfully garnered media attention.
Media Relations 201: Interviews
- Preparing talking points for a media interview
- Setting up video and audio
- General media training tactics
- What to say and what not to say while in an interview with a reporter
Lori Martinek of SCORE Los Angeles, who is a former journalist and current owner of a marketing/public relations firm, shared her insights on how best to prepare for a media interview.
Media Relations 202: Spreading the Word
- How to build on your foundation
- Growing media relationships
- Updating your resources and spokespersons
- How to identify other media opportunities in your community
Gray Poehler from SCORE Richmond and SCORE Naples joined us to share how he utilizes Ask SCORE columns in his local community and how to create a speakers’ bureau within your chapter.
As always, our public relations team (email@example.com) is here to provide additional guidance as needed. Thank you for sharing your chapter’s success and accomplishments!