Below are some helpful SCORE talking points to incorporate into your conversations or interviews with reporters:
- SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors and is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals.
- Since 1964, SCORE has provided education and mentorship to more than 11 million entrepreneurs.
- SCORE mentors are a valuable resource for any current or aspiring entrepreneur.
- SCORE mentors bring years of business experience, many of them successful small business owners themselves. Nearly half of SCORE mentors are still actively working/running their own business.
- Mentors volunteer through SCORE to help other entrepreneurs by sharing their real-world experience and knowledge in running successful small businesses.
- SCORE mentors also provide practical tools and resources to make some owner tasks easier.
- SCORE mentors are experienced in all aspects and stages of business development, whether you’re thinking of starting a business or growing your existing company.
- Since SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), our mentoring services are free, regardless of the number of times you visit or meet with a mentor either in-person, by phone or online.
- You can always head to score.org for more information.
- *NOTE to share with reporters* - SCORE no longer stands for anything (as it was formerly referred to as Service Corps of Retired Executives). Nearly half of our volunteers are still actively working, so we shortened our formal name to SCORE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.