The program leverages the eBook, A Step-by-Step Guide to Hiring Your First Employee. By walking through the basics of human resources, the program touches on these three critical topics:
- Things to Consider Before You Hire
- The Hiring Process
- Ongoing Human Resources Responsibilities
This program seeks to increase awareness and understanding of the Human Resources components of running a business.
SCORE and ComplyRight have collaborated to launch a program focused on guiding new business owners through the steps of hiring their first employee.
Use the materials and assets outlined below to help you execute this program in your chapter. Client engagement data shows that local workshop programs are a way to meet the needs of the small business community as effectively or even more effectively than mentoring.
Preparing for the Workshop
- Facilitator’s Guide: Use this guide to support you in facilitating and coordinating logistics for the workshop. This guide outlines best practices for facilitators, the training goal and learning objectives, and tips for planning the workshop.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Hiring Your First Employee eBook- Read this eBook prior to presenting the workshop to help you prepare to facilitate. In addition, this eBook is referenced and leveraged for learning activities during the workshop.
- Visit score.org’s Management Resources at http://www.score.org/content/management-resources for additional relevant articles, EGuides, webinars, and blogs.
The marketing assets include:
- Template Flyer - (editable)
- Sign-up Sheet for the Workshop and Mentoring
- Social Media Promotions
- Press Release
- Workshop Description
- Workshop Talking Points
Presenting the Program
- Sign-in Sheet – Ask each participant to fill out the sign-in sheet as they enter the workshop. This allows them to express an interest in mentoring too.
- PowerPoint Presentations – This workshop comes with PowerPoint slides to present the content. The notes section of this PowerPoint deck is where you will find the facilitator’s notes for this training. These notes will serve as a guide for delivering the curriculum.
- Evaluation Sheet –Handout this evaluation sheet at the end of the program and ask participants to fill it out in order to provide their feedback.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Hiring Your First Employee eBook – Be sure the link, https://www.score.org/resource/so-you-want-be-boss, to this eBook is shared with participants prior to session. This will allow them time to download the eBook to bring with them for the session.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Hiring Your First Employee eBook – Be sure the link, https://www.score.org/resource/so-you-want-be-boss, to this eBook is shared with participants prior to session. This will allow them time to download the eBook to bring with them for the session.
State Links - www.complyright.com/state-links (Using this link, chapters can reference the latest guidelines for their state.)
Minimum Wage Monitor - http://www.complyright.com/resources/minimum-wage-legislation-monitor. (Using this link, chapters can reference ComplyRight’s Minimum Wage Monitor.)
Brought to you by: