SCORE has collaborated with OnDeck to launch Simple Steps to Choosing the Right Financing workshop, providing a view into the world of online lending and helping to guide businesses to their best funding options. To help you implement this workshop in your community, we have created a Workshop in a Box that includes resources to prepare for, present, and market the workshop in your community.
Marketing the Workshop:
- Press Release – Press Releases are a great way to advertise upcoming events. Use this Press Release Template to market the workshop in your community.
- Media Promotions – Social Media Promotions are another way to market the workshop to your community. Here are a few templates of social media posts for blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.
Preparing for the Session:
- Facilitator’s Guide – To support you in facilitating the workshop, this guide provides best practices for preparing for the session and instructional approaches for delivering the curriculum.
- Webinar – View a recorded webinar of the earlier version of Securing Capital to Grow Your Business to help you prepare to facilitate the workshop. This workshop can be found on score.org under online workshops related to Finance & Money.
Presenting the Workshop:
- PowerPoint Presentation – This complete PowerPoint presentation will help you facilitate this workshop. Each slide contains talking points to aid you in your presentation.
- The Fundability Quiz – This PowerPoint walks through each question of the Fundability Quiz. Review this information with your participants and discuss each question, why it is asked, and how it will help them improve their financing options
- eGuide – This eGuide serves as a great handout to share with participants in your workshop.
- SCORE Training Online Learning Module – For SCORE volunteers, you can go to SCORE Training and take the course, 401: Simple Steps to Choosing the Right Financing
- Sign Up Sheet – Utilize this sign-up sheet during your workshop to give small business owners an opportunity to sign-up for a one-on-one mentoring appointment.
- Chapter Contacts – This resource contains a list of chapter contacts who have been trained by OnDeck.
Click here for more resources on increasing Main Street’s access to capital courtesy of OnDeck.