This page contains presentations that have been successful in other SCORE chapters.
SCORE Fairfield will present on a social media training program developed for their volunteers. Fairfield will share why they developed these materials and walk-through their three-part module program. Register for this webinar here.
Social Media Marketing for SCORE mentors developed by SCORE Fairfield Chapter. This is a helpful workshop conducted by volunteers, for volunteers, to help you feel prepared for coaching clients through social media and marketing strategies. You can also repurpose the materials for your chapter and clients!
View recordings of each session below:
- Module 1 Marketing Strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwyWYp55mM
- Module 2 Social Media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMhIr4P69MY&feature=youtu.be
- Module 3 Deeper Dive/Hands-on Exposure: https://youtu.be/5u6HkcwFxgM
These below presentations can be downloaded and used for your client workshops. These powerpoint presentations, formatted in SCORE's template are a starting point. These ppts do not come with talking points or other supplemental materials. You are encouraged to edit or add to the presentations based on your expertise. Also, you may need to customize some of these presentations so that the data or regulations pertain to your state. Thank you to the following chapters who submitted their top presentations to share with the broader SCORE community; Broward FL, Westmoreland PA, Houston TX, Boston MA, Savannah GA, Orange County CA, Seattle WA, Atlanta GA and Silicon Valley. If you would like to share out the top presentations from your chapter, please send these to us at email@example.com.
- Competitive Advantage Concepts and Strategies: This presentation walks through strategies for achieving market position and profitability.
- Money from Home: Learn how to know if you are ready to start a business from home and various tips to help you get started.
- Learning from the Competitors: Gain an understanding of how your market works and learn how to identify your competitors.
- Encore Entrepreneurs Starting a Business after Fifty: Explores the advantages and challenges of starting a business as an older entrepreneur.
- Business Launchpad: This workshop includes a full-day agenda for start-ups with topics ranging from establishing your business idea, developing a pitch, financial planning and business plan basics.
- Saving Taxes for Small Businesses: Learn about the types of taxes businesses pay and how to minimize your business and personal taxes.
- Business Model Canvas: webinar presentation and supporting documents. Explore a technique to help you test and validate key aspects of your business so that you can then more easily develop a full business plan.
- Sales Bootcamp: This workshop covers how to open a sales call, developing customer needs and presenting on the benefits and net gain of your product.
- Marketing Basics: This presentation outlines the general marketing principles and terminology; as well as their application to small businesses.
- Steps to Business Success – Marketing: Learn about the key aspects of the marketing processes such as pricing, competition and target markets.
- Participant Workbook can be downloaded here.
- Taking the Guesswork out of Pricing: This presentation walks through the art of developing a good pricing policy.
- Costing, Pricing and Break-Even: Learn about strategies to set product pricing, how costs behave and breakeven analysis.
- Capturing the Power of Pricing: This workshop explores pricing principles, tactical pricing, price elasticity and price positioning.
- Coins Under the Couch: Explore the various routes for starting a business and the associated startup costs.
- Financial Statements Basics: This presentation walks through bookkeeping, financial statements, cash flow, breakeven point and more.
- General Crowdfunding Overview: Learn the basics of crowdfunding and how it works as well as the use of Kiva for non-profit fundraising.
- Understanding Financial Statements: This presentation provides an overview of the various financial tools and what role they each play for a business.
Hiring & HR
- Hiring Made Easy: This presentation explores various hiring topics including hiring costs, ads, and good interviewing techniques.
- Employee Hiring, Selection and Motivation: This workshop explores various interviewing, questioning and selection best practices as well as techniques to encourage employee motivation.
- Health Insurance for Small Business: Explores various aspects of health insurance including understanding the terms, costs and types of plans.
- Understanding Non-Profits: Learn about the various classifications of non-profits, how they govern and how they fund themselves.
- Specialty Foods Workshop: This workshop outlines the key issues that are unique to the specialty food industry as well as resources available to the entrepreneur. This presentation is set in the context of Boston but can be adapted for your region.
Spanish Workshop Resources
- Business Plans (in Spanish): This presentation walks you through the basics for developing a business plan.
- Business Alternatives (in Spanish): Learn various options for starting a business including buying an existing business and franchising.
- You Should Start a Business: This presentation covers how to become a business owner and goes through a few case studies of how different individuals got started.
National Webinar Presentations
SCORE National delivers multiple webinars a week. Some of these presenters have agreed to share their presentations so that chapters can access this content to create their own workshops. These webinar presentations are not branded in the SCORE templates but chapters are free to access this content to get ideas for future workshops and/or to incorporate some concepts into their own presentations. The webinar presentations are organized by subject-matter in the following folders; Finance, Technology, Marketing, Business Growth, HR, Sales, Start-Up, Accounting, and Business Planning. The national webinar presentations can be accessed here.
Workshop Support Materials (Planning Guides, Templates, Etc.)
For a recording of the February 28, 2019 webinar - Building Strong Workshop Programs, click here. Once you register for the event, you will see a recording of the webinar.
Below are additional resources that may be used to support your workshop program.
- SCORE Workshop Presentation Templates (choose different layouts and themes from a SCORE branded template)
- Downloadable SCORE-branded Powerpoint and Word templates
- Event Planning Workbook by Michael Scotto (Former VP, Central Region)
- Developing a Successful Workshop Program and Workshop Promotion and Conversion by Michael Scotto (Former VP, Central Region)