The Website Centralization Program was developed to help alleviate the administrative burden for chapter webmasters, improve user experience and create consistency and cohesion across chapter sites.
This program was first launched in 2021 with a pilot group of 40 chapters. After just one year, the website analytics and conversion metrics pulled from Google Analytics and BIRT increased so dramatically that we expanded the program by 114 chapters. Today, 154 chapters participate in this program, funded by SCORE HQ. We will continue to support these 154 chapters throughout FY24.
You can view the full list of program participants here: FY24 Participants in Website Centralization Program.
For more detailed information regarding this program, please read on. Feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Program Goals
- Vendor Selection
- About Ecropolis
- Chapter Program Requirements
- Program Cost
- Available Website Features
- Program Contacts
In order to launch this program, the SCORE Marketing Team went through a competitive bidding process where a request for proposal (RFP) was developed and multiple companies submitted their proposals for our review.
Specific criteria was required from the vendors in order to provide chapters with the best possible support as possible. These included:
- Alignment with SCORE’s Code of Ethics Manual and Brand Guide.
- Abide by SCORE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Utilize a ticketing system for customer support where SCORE volunteers can submit their website questions and requests.
- Ability to provide stock images and graphic design support as needed.
After reviewing multiple bids from various vendors, SCORE HQ selected Ecropolis as the web vendor for the Website Centralization Program due to their in-depth knowledge of the SCORE organization and how we’re structured and their extensive experience in web development within Drupal.
Ecropolis provides web development services including design, application development and Internet-related consulting.
- Ecropolis has worked closely with HQ staff since 2016.
- They were instrumental in converting chapters to the new website that launched in December 2022 and continue to play a crucial role in testing new features, implementing enhancements and maintaining the national site.
- Ecropolis works hand in hand with the Marketing Team and is familiar with SCORE systems, policies, guidelines, and processes.
Chapter Program Requirements
To be a part of the Website Centralization Program, we ask that chapters agree to the following:
- Agree to utilize Ecropolis’ ticketing system to submit website requests.
- Allow Ecropolis to make all website changes. This ensures that any custom code they develop and implement on chapter sites remains intact.
- Follow SCORE’s brand and content guidelines.
- Use SCORE’s digital tools and processes.
- Willingness to participate. We only want to include chapters that want to receive this support instead of only using a local webmaster to maintain your chapter site.
The initial cost for unlimited webmaster support from the Ecropolis Team is $200/month per chapter.
That brings this program, funded by SCORE HQ, to an annual cost of $369,600 for 154 chapters.
Available Website Features
By participating in this program, you gain access to the below website features, on top of Ecropolis acting as the chapter webmaster.
Editorial Content Block
Every month, the Ecropolis Team creates an editorial content block that aligns with headquarters campaign themes and features it on your home page. For example, October was National Women’s Small Business Month, so Ecropolis created the below content block to highlight SCORE resources in relation to this campaign theme.
Custom Landing Pages
If your chapter has a special event or webinar series, Ecropolis can create a custom landing page. Check out this example from SCORE NC Piedmont Triad. They hosted a Simple Steps for Starting a Business workshop series and created a custom event landing page: Simple Steps to Starting a Business In-Person Series.
Email Opt-in Slider & Automated Welcome Series
All SCORE Chapters in the program can receive an automatic email slider on your website, including a 3-part welcome series in Constant Contact.
You can see this slider in action on the SCORE Granite Region website.
Constant Contact Welcome Series
- The first email in the 3-part welcome series Ecropolis creates in Constant Contact is triggered immediately after someone subscribes. This first email welcomes the client to the chapter and provides information on all available SCORE services, such as applying for a mentor, signing up for a workshop or webinar and where they can review templates or resources.
- The next email in the series is sent 5 days later with specific information on how and why to apply for a mentor.
- The last email in the series is sent 14 days after the client initially subscribed. Within this email is all the information they need to follow your chapter on social media.
Chapters have the option to add a landing page for a Mentor Toolbox. What is a Mentor Toolbox you may be wondering? This is a page that Ecropolis creates to provide an easy way for your mentors to house highly frequented internal resources and keep them organized.
Check out SCORE Green Bay’s Mentor Toolbox for an example.
Rotating Hero Banner
Up to 6 images can be rotated within the hero banner on your chapter’s homepage to fully
capture the area you serve.
SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon currently has a rotating hero banner. Check it out on their homepage here: https://www.score.org/lancaster-lebanon.
Director of Field Marketing and Client Support | email@example.com
Madeline oversees the program as a whole and guides program strategy.
Field Marketing Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexis manages the daily work, regular status updates, onboard chapters, and coordinates with the program web vendor.
Ecropolis Operations, UX, Design | email@example.com
Andrea is the main point of contact for Ecropolis, triages tickets to members of the Ecropolis Team and leads intro calls with the chapters.