Event pinning is the ability to feature workshops from other chapters on your local website.
Please watch the following instructional video to learn how to pin events on your chapter site: Chapter Event Pinning Video.
You can also follow the written instructions below.
How to pin events on your Local Workshop page:
- Log in with your Webmaster credentials.
- Navigate to the Local Workshops page.
- Click the Layout tab in the webmaster menu.
- Scroll down to the section that holds the Upcoming Workshops block. Click the pencil icon and select Configure.
- You can just enter the fields you want to display here, such as a heading, the number of events you would like to appear, etc.
- Once you see the Customize Events toggle, make sure it is on and displaying as green.
- In the Location section, if you do not see your chapter listed, begin typing your chapter name into the empty field and select it from the list that will appear as you type.
- Choose whether you would like to display national events.
- Toggle on the Show Pinned Events to display as green. You will have the option to select events that are tagged with certain topics, industries, entrepreneur types, business stage, and language.
- Click Update at the bottom of page. Now when you pin an event, it will automatically appear in that content block.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and select Save Layout.
- Now you will need to go back to the chapter homepage. From the menu that appears here, choose the Pinned Events tab.
- Click the Events Search tab.
- Search for the events you would like to add to your chapter website through the search filters. Click Apply.
- Choose the event from the search results by checking the box to the left of the workshop title.
- Then, at the bottom of your screen, click the blue Pin Events to this Chapter button.
- Choose Apply.
- Choose the Pinned Events tab, and you can see the pinned event you just added.
How to add the Workshop Calendar to your chapter website and include pinned events:
- Navigate to the page you would like to add the workshop calendar.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Select the Add Section button.
- In the menu that appears on the right, click SCORE Section.
- Enter an Administrative label, such as "Event Calendar".
- Choose your section color and size.
- From here, you will see a content block added to the page with the text Configure Event Calendar to the upper left of it. With this box, click the Add block button.
- Different layout block options will appear. Choose the Events Calendar block.
- The Configuration menu will appear to the right. Enter in a title, such as SCORE <Chapter Name> Upcoming Events Calendar.
- We would recommend that you show the title and leave the Heading level as H2.
- Move the Customize Events toggle to on. Add your chapter as a Group by typing your chapter name into that field and selecting it from the list that appears.
- Select whether you would like to display national events.
- To display pinned events, toggle on to green.
- Scroll all the way down and click Add Block.