In an effort to identify who is responsible for public relations and media outreach for each chapter, SCORE HQ is asking each chapter to designate a Public Relations Officer.
The chapter Public Relations Officer leads PR and media relations strategies locally to build awareness of SCORE, increase service requests, support volunteer recruitment and shine a light on local successes. She or he will be given all of the resources and tools necessary to improve local outreach, build media relationships and tie in to national campaigns.
As the PR officer for your chapter, you will:
- Contribute to and impact SCORE’s national PR/media efforts
- Receive and share information on best practices
- Establish local media relationships and conduct regular outreach
- Identify chapter volunteers and clients to serve as spokespersons
- Garner media coverage of local SCORE success stories, events and chapter achievements
- Encourage use of SCORE public service announcements locally
Depending on the volunteer bandwidth at your chapter, the person(s) serving as your Public Relations Officer might also be your marketing chair, events chair or other member of chapter leadership.
To designate a PR officer for your chapter, email email@example.com.