1. What is the Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
Your Net Promoter Score indicates how satisfied clients are with the level of service provided by SCORE mentors. It is often expressed as a percentage. Fred Reichheld introduced the concept in the Harvard Business Review in 2003 and followed up with the book The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth. You can find out more information by reviewing the Net Promoter Web site.
2. What does it look like?
When part 3 of the 641 form is completed by a mentor for the initial mentoring session (for face-to-face or virtual mentoring), Engage sends an NPS survey to the client. This survey asks three questions:
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that you would recommend SCORE services to your friends and colleagues?
- What is the primary reason for the score you just gave us?
- What is the most important improvement that would make you rate us closer to a ten?
3. How is the NPS calculated?
NPS is calculated by taking the percentage of promoters and subtracting the percentage of detractors.
4. Who are my promoters and who are my detractors?
Promoters are those who answer the first question with the numbers 9 or 10. Promoters are those who are “fans for life” and who will go out of their way to promote you to friends, family and others they know. Detractors are those who answer the first question with numbers 1 – 6. Detractors may go out of their way to bad-mouth your services to others. Passives are those who answer the first question with 7 or 8. They may be somewhat happy with your services but will not go out of their way to sing your praises.
5. Why is SCORE using NPS?
For most businesses, there is a measurable tie between business performance and customer satisfaction and loyalty. NPS also provides SCORE Mentors with tangible feedback on the quality (rather than the quantity) of their mentoring. It is an enriching experience for SCORE mentors to have direct feedback about the impact they are making.
- On a scale of 1 - 10, how likely is it that you would recommend SCORE services to your friends and colleagues?
- Why would you like to see this mentor again?
- What improvements could SCORE do to improve our service?
- Why would you recommend SCORE to a friend or colleague?
Ratings (Scale of 1-5)
- My mentor listened and understood my needs.
- My mentor was able to assist me.
- My mentor recommended additional SCORE services or scheduled a follow-up meeting for me.
- I will return to see this mentor again.
- I will use SCORE again in the next 3 months.