Chapter Chair and Certified Mentor
Volunteer Interview Questions
- Please tell us what you already know about SCORE.
- On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your technology skills?
- Have you ever used a CRM like Salesforce or Zoho?
- How important is it to you to learn new skills?
- What do you feel is your strongest business skill, that you are better than 90% of the people out there?
- Have you mentored people in your business? Please describe?
- Are you still running your own business?
- As SCORE mentors, we are not allowed to promote our business. We have a Code of Ethics that must be signed, are you comfortable with that?
- We have a lot of people that are specialists in certain fields. Would you feel comfortable bringing them into a conversation with your mentee?
- Traditionally we try and match mentors with mentees that have a specific need. This is not always the case. How would you feel about possibly mentoring someone that you do not have any experience in their requested need?
- Have you or would you like to give Workshops on a specialized topic?
- Would you feel comfortable moderating a workshop?
- How many hours do you think you want to devote to SCORE?
- What is the most important thing you are looking for with SCORE? How can SCORE help you?
- 90% of our mentoring is done virtually. How do you feel about that?
- Please describe your ideal Volunteer job.
- How do you see a volunteer organization different from a Business?
- Describe how you worked in a team.
- Do you like being the leader of the team or a participant?
- At some point, would you be willing to take on a leadership role.