Any person is eligible to be a SCORE volunteer, regardless of age, gender, nationality, race, or working status. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent before serving in SCORE.
There are FIVE requirements that must be met as a threshold for continued service with SCORE.
- Compliance with all training requirements, including the completion of the online annual Code of Ethics training.
- Use of the scorevolunteer.org email address provided.
- Active engagement with SCORE so that 6 months of inactivity does not occur.
- Inactivity is defined as not having participated in any capacity or role that contributes to the success of clients or the chapter
- Use of the SCORE recording system to maintain and record all activity.
- Acknowledgement that any material developed to be used as material or content for SCORE client services or operations (workshop content, training materials, marketing materials, software applications, etc.) belongs exclusively to the SCORE Association unless otherwise agreed to by the SCORE Association and other parties.
There are no specific requirements for the number of hours or the number of clients that must be met as a threshold.
Chapters cannot create arbitrary eligibility requirements for volunteers. For example, a chapter cannot deem that working volunteers are not eligible to be a SCORE volunteer nor can a chapter mandate that volunteers must give a certain number of hours per week.
Please sign in to leave a comment.