Active – member in good standing. Has completed all training requirements and has had some level of engagement with SCORE in the past 6 months.
Inactive – member in good standing. Has completed all training requirements, but is not able to perform volunteer activity for a known, short-term reason.
- A volunteer can be inactive for 90 days at a time.
- The chapter may extend this status for an additional 30 to 60 days.
- Examples of reasons for a volunteer to be inactive are an extended vacation or a known illness with intent to return.
Resigned – a member who has left SCORE on his/her own accord. This can be a known resignation or based on a volunteer’s lack of engagement. A resigned member may be allowed to return to SCORE should they be reaccepted by the chapter and complete all necessary training.
- Examples of a volunteer’s lack of engagement include not completing the annual training requirements or going 6 months without any level of engagement with SCORE.
Terminated – a member who has been asked to leave SCORE. A terminated member may not return.
- Some reasons for termination include violation of the Code of Ethics, persistent negative attitude, or poor quality of service (poor client interactions, poor quality of administrative support, etc.)
Emeritus – SCORE has established an emeritus honorary membership status for volunteers to recognize their meritorious service, contribution or accomplishment on behalf of the chapter that allows volunteers to continue to associate with SCORE in a social only manner. Emeritus members may not mentor or perform other client services.
A volunteer may request emeritus status or the chapter chair or chapter executive committee may initiate emeritus status for a volunteer.
- May receive all chapter publications and meeting minutes
- May not hold chapter office.
- May not use a scorevolunteer.org email address
- May participate in chapter activities on a non-voting basis
An emeritus certificate may be ordered from the National office to be signed by the chapter chair.
Please sign in to leave a comment.