Automation is a great way to improve email marketing results, and save time.
For example, in Constant Contact you can send out welcome emails to any new contact added to a specific list(s). However, automation can be used for many purposes, and you can apply these instructions to set up other types of automated email campaigns.
This article will focus on how to send an automated welcome email that uses a SCORE email template.
How to Set Up an Automated Welcome Email:
- Click the orange CREATE button in the top right corner of your Constant Contact account.
- From the pop-up menu, select Email Automation, and then Automated Series (we are not selecting Welcome templates, because that will not let us choose a SCORE template or an already created email).
- One the next popup field, give your automated series a name and click Save.
- For the Trigger options, select “A Contact Joins a List”
- On the following page, select the list you want this welcome email to be triggered by, and click SAVE.
- On the next page, you will see that Constant Contact sets a default wait time of 4 days. Click the Edit hyperlink, and change it to the Send Immediately option.
- Finally, choose an email you have already created, or create a new email. If creating a new email, go to the SCORE 3GE folder to choose from the SCORE templates. The Personal Letter template is a good option for a Welcome email. Edit the email, and click CONTINUE.
- Finally, click the ACTIVATE button in the right, top corner, and congrats, you just set up your automated campaign! The welcome email will send automatically to all new contacts. You can go back and edit the email whenever you wish.