SCORE Marketing Chair/ Representative
The Marketing Chair/ Representative is at the forefront of your chapter's marketing efforts. She or he will be asked to complete monthly surveys and participate in monthly calls to provide updates and feedback on marketing initiatives. Marketing Chairs/ Representatives will be given all the tools and resources they’ll need, including access to the latest information and materials to lead your chapter's marketing initiatives.
Here are a few benefits of being a Marketing Chair/ Representative:
- Have an opportunity to contribute and impact SCORE National marketing efforts.
- Receive and share information on marketing best practices.
- Be one of the first to know SCORE plans and processes.
- Help create and improve tools to help your chapter implement a successful marketing plan.
- Be recognized by your peers as the local authority on all the new & exciting initiatives at SCORE.
To be a Marketing Chair/ Representative, we are looking for volunteers who:
- Are enthusiastic and energized by the new SCORE identity
- Believe in SCORE's goal of growing 1 million small businesses and want to play an active part in achieving that goal
- Willing to devote 1 day each week at the chapter to marketing tasks
- Live the SCORE brand of being available for entrepreneurs "for the life of their business"
The responsibilities of a Marketing Chair/ Representative include:
- Participate in monthly calls/ webinars with SCORE staff to get the latest information, ask questions and exchange tools
- Possess an email address and be willing to communicate with the group via email and other electronic means.
- Contribute both internal and external marketing outreach ideas
- Have knowledge of SCORE National Business Strategy and the marketing component of the strategic plan
- Adheres to appropriate SCORE branding guidelines on website, printed and electronic material, brochures, etc. Ensure that all volunteers and chapter materials are aligned with the SCORE brand
- Deploy SCORE National Marketing programs to chapter; Make sure that all of SCORE's key messages are distributed to all audiences
- Evaluate the chapter’s marketing plans and operational results. Improve chapter marketing plans as needed
- Communicate the chapter’s “best programs” to other chapters; Maintains cross chapter communications and possess a willingness to help other chapters as needed
- Share information about your efforts with the chapter and district leadership
- Develop a chapter marketing plan/program and help attain chapter goals
- Works with District leadership in development of new state marketing approaches
- Maintain active contact with the local media and provide information on chapter activities
- Cultivate opportunities/partnerships with community organizations like Chambers of Commerce, educational institutions, government entities, local businesses, etc. Evaluate community outreach effectiveness