How to: Manage the Volunteer Intake Queue
Audience: Volunteer Intake Coordinator
When a new volunteer application is submitted, it is sent to the Volunteer Intake Queue. This is where the Volunteer Intake Coordinator will access volunteer applications, assign interviewers, or transfer the application to another chapter.
Table of Contents:
- System Notification of Application Received
- Viewing Records in the Application Queue
- Assigning Interviewers to the Applicant
- Transferring Applications to Another Chapter
- Relevant Resources
System Notification of Application Received
- The Volunteer Intake Coordinator will receive a notification for each application submission. This will prompt them to login to Engage and begin managing the application.
Viewing Records in the Application Queue:
- From the Home Page, under Volunteer Onboarding | Select Applications
- This will bring you to the list of Applications that need action.
- By default, the list will be sorted by Created Date/Time with the most recent listed on the top.
- You can change the way the records are sorted by hovering over the column name until you see an arrow appear the right of the column heading as shown below in the assignment Status column heading.
- Other helpful controls are available to assist in managing the records as shown below.
Allows you to enter keywords to locate a specific record.
Allows a user to select alternate filters to refine which records are displayed.
Assigning Interviewers to an Applicant
Please note a new policy requirement: Each applicant must be assigned 2 interviewers.
- To assign interviewers, select the applicant’s record from the Volunteer Intake Queue by clicking View. Next, click the Assign Interviewers
- Select Interviewer 1 and click
- Select Interviewer 2 and click
- And friendly reminder: each applicant must be assigned 2 interviewers.
Transferring Applicant to Another Chapter
- Navigate to the applicant’s record from the Volunteer Intake Queue, then click ‘Transfer Chapter’.
- Using the Queue drop down, select the Chapter the applicant is being transferred to and the reason.
Both fields are required.
3. Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’