Audience: Volunteer Intake Coordinator, Chapter Manager
When a new volunteer application is submitted, it is sent to the volunteer intake queue. This is where the Volunteer Intake Coordinator will access volunteer applications, assign interviewers, or transfer the application to another chapter.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Volunteer Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- System Notification of Application Received
- Viewing Records in the Application Queue
- Assigning Interviewers to the Applicant
- Transferring Applications to Another Chapter
- Applications that are Withdrawn
System Notification of Application Received
The Volunteer Intake Coordinator will receive a notification for each application submission prompting them to login to Engage and begin managing the application.
Viewing Records in the Application Queue:
Business rule: Chapters no longer need to identify and attempt to resolve duplicate applications. If a duplicate application is submitted, SCORE Headquarters receives a notification as does the applicant. It is also noted on the application as "Potential Duplicate".
1) From the Homepage, under Volunteer Onboarding, select Applications. - Need Action.
2) This will bring you to the list of Applications that need your action to assign 2 interviewers. Click View to open the application. You can also search within the list by using the search field in the list view page.
Assigning Interviewers To An Applicant
Policy change: Two Interviewers are now required. If 2 interviewers are not assigned within 2 business days (48 hrs) a notification is sent to the Volunteer Intake Coordinator reminding them to assign. Prospective volunteers are immediately notified when an interviewer is assigned.
1) When you have the volunteer application open, click the Assign Interviewers button.
2) Select the first interviewer from the list by checking the box before their name or by using the Search field on the top of the window to search for an interviewer within your Chapter, District, Region, or Outside Area. Click Next.
3) Do the same thing as step 2 in finding the second interviewer.
4) Click Finish on the next window.
Transferring Application to Another Chapter
1) Navigate to the applicant’s record from the Volunteer Intake Queue, then click Transfer Chapter.
2) Select the chapter you're transferring the application to in the Queue list. The system requires that you enter the reason for transferring the application. Then, click Next. And then select Finish on the next window.
Applications That Are Withdrawn
Note: The Volunteer Intake Coordinator and the Coach both have access to mark an application as Withdrawn. Provisional applicants should be marked as Withdrawn in the application and also mark them as Resigned in their contact record.
1) Navigate to the application record from the volunteer intake queue. Or search the volunteer from the global search box on the top and navigate to the My Volunteer Applications in their contact record.
2) When viewing the application page, click the pencil icon on the Reject/Withdraw Status field to activate editing. Select Withdrawn and then select the Application Withdrawn Reason.
3) In addition to marking their application as withdrawn, also mark them as Resigned in their Contact record. Search the chapter member by email address using the global search box.
4) Once you are on the contact record, click the drop-down arrow beside the quick action buttons and select Update Volunteer Status.
5) Select Resigned as the Volunteer Status and click Next.
6). Then, click Finish.