Audience: Chapter Webmasters
Last August 202, the latest update to our chapter website included the creation of two dashboards (Pinned Events and Events Search) for webmasters to access a filterable list of events across all chapters with a function to allow them to choose events to ‘pin’ to advertise on their own chapter website.
A new content band has also been added for Filtered Event Listings which will allow chapter website to show pinned events on a chapter node or chapter landing page.
This guide covers how to the new content band and how to pin other chapters workshops to show on your own local chapter site. This guide is a contribution from one of our volunteers, Helen Trollman of SCORE Silicon Valley
Table of Contents
1) Webmaster admin authority required
2) Login with admin authority
3) Select "content" in the upper left corner of your chapter's website
4) Select "chapter events planning" and "events search" when selecting the "content" link
5) In "events search" enter the chapter name of the chapter whose classes you wish to pin. Enter "apply". I have chosen all events from all chapters in our district, as well as by topic/subject, classes being offered by chapters outside of our district. (See our chapter's website as an example.) You can select event types, such as live events, or recorded events.
6) Select which events you wish to pin from the list that is generated. You can see whether you have already pinned an event by the right most column.
7) Select "pin items for my chapter"
8) Go back to the "home" icon in the upper left of your screen
9) Go to your "take a workshop" tab/page, and use the "edit" function at the top of the page.
10) Select "content bands"
11) Scroll down past your existing content band to "add a content band" and select "filtered events listing"
12) Fill in the header you wish to have on that band
13) English is the default language, Select "show pinned events" (Select large items limit to pick up all events you choose to pin. It shows up as a scrollable band on the top of your workshop page.)
14) Scroll to the bottom and select "save"
15) Look at our website to see how it shows up. The events show up as a scrollable band on the top of your workshop page, scrollable in order by date. They also all show up on your calendar view.