Our SCORE clients need funding and professional services opportunities, and here’s a good one from Comcast RISE for small businesses owned by people of color or women. The grants are for marketing, creative, media, and technology services. Let’s help our clients by alerting them to this opportunity . . . and helping them complete the application form.
PROMOTE THE PROGRAM . . .
through your chapter outreach – newsletters, webinars, meetings, etc. To help with this, I’ve attached:
- A promotional flyer to send to your mentors and clients
- A short video to show at your chapter meetings.
On Thursday, March 24 at 12:00 noon, Comcast RISE’s Executive Director, Regan Yeldell, will be presenting the program at our Circle of Women Mentors webinar. Just click this link to join https://score.zoom.us/j/96383993156?pwd=cUdWWXM3UGE0R3BtQjJldzBNNXV2QT09 Passcode: 212933. You should have been receiving these notices over the past couple of weeks. Attend the webinar and invite your clients!
Comcast RISE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Application deadline: June 17, 2022.
Apply at www.comcastrise.com
Grants Are Available for:
Comcast marketing experts analyze your advertising mix, creative, digital footprint, website, and social media and provide insights and professional recommendations for how to grow your business.
A linear TV media schedule, over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production Services
A turnkey 30-second TV commercial, plus a media strategy consultation and 90-day media placement schedule for local cable networks.
- Technology Makeover
Professional consultation plus computer equipment and internet, voice, and cybersecurity services for 12 months.
Eligibility Highlights (see www.comcastrise.com for specifics)
- Only open to small businesses owned by people of color and women (owner identifies as Black, indigenous, Person of Color, or Female).
- The owner owns 51% of the business.
- Registered in one of the 48 contiguous states or District of Columbia.
- Independently owned and operated – not a franchise.
- In operation for at least 12 months.
- For the Media Consultation, Media Campaign, and Creative Campaign Grants
- Business employs fewer than 100 employees
- For the Technology Makeover Grant
- Business must be a premises-based (not a home based) business, located in a building and not mobile, e.g., operating out of a truck
- Employs 25 or fewer employees.
Note: Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
Check www.comcastrise.com for other non-eligible businesses.
Thank you for promoting this opportunity to your chapter clients!
Certified SCORE Mentor
SCORE Central Jersey Chapter Chair
SCORE NJ Manager, Strategic Relations