Work injuries for SCORE volunteers are covered. The law states that volunteers who are physically injured or killed while performing SCORE activities shall be entitled to “the same death or disability” benefits that federal employees are entitled to under the Federal Employees Compensation Act (GS level, part-time). This coverage extends to accidents while traveling on official SCORE business.
To report an injury or initiate a claim, call the SBA Injury Reporting Hotline: 1-877-722-2407
Be sure to have the following information readily available:
- Volunteer Name
- Volunteer Contact Information (email and phone)
- Worksite/location where injury occurred
- Date and time of incident
- Date and time incident was reported to management
- Cause and nature of the incident
See the SBA Injury Reporting Hotline Flyer for additional details.
Please Complete and follow the instructions on the FORM CA-16 if the injured you receive or plans to seek medical attention.