Maryland District Mentoring Best Practices
District Director, Ed Coleman, and Associate District Director, Gary Salisbury, have continued to refine and update these practices over the past 5+ years. We strongly encourage Chapters to use Best Practices training as part of Chapter Professional Development and Onboarding.
This presentation covers:
- How clients request SCORE Mentoring Services
- Contacting and setting up client meetings
- What to do if clients do not respond
- Getting to know the client's business
- Session notes & post-meeting activities
- Follow-on Mentoring and building on the relationship
SCORE Houston's Best Practices on Client Mentoring Journey
The SCORE Houston chapter has developed a set of best practices that are widely recognized for their effectiveness in improving the quality and consistency in their client mentoring journey in their chapter operations. These best practices cover the client's journey from the mentoring request submission to closing out the request case in our system.
By training their users on these best practices, Houston chapter has established a culture of excellence and continuous improvement that has helped them achieve their goals and serve their community more effectively.