Guide curated by volunteer Gary Salisbury
Associate District Director – Maryland District
Past Chapter Chairman – Washington DC
2. Succession Planning Resources curated by volunteer leaders. Special thanks to volunteers Michael Scotto and Steven Martin.
3. The recruitment toolkit supplied by SCORE HQ will give you materials you can use or adapt from.
- Including Videos & Ads which can be used at local TV stations or with Social Media
- Small & Medium size markets should have less of an issue getting placement of videos for TV and easier to get TV or Online interviews.
- You should also recruit on your local website no matter your chapter size.
- Use Hi-Per Link offered by National for your chapters to help you set up a recruiting program
Local Recruiting Methods
- Work with all community organizations to help increase SCORE’s presence (Chambers of Commerce, Libraries, Professional Organizations, SBA Partners, Churches). Seek Clients, Mentors, Workshop presenters, Potential Chapter Leaders.
- Recruit retiring SBA and Corporate executives as mentors/leaders.
- Ask County Economic Development Agencies to identify potential mentors … with commitment to assign these mentors to a local branch or to support County clients.
- Try Volunteer Match (National) to recruit mentors
There is no magic bullet each Chapter is different and with the help of National and the local community you need to see what works best for your Chapters