Issue Status: Resolved as of Jan 10, 2022
Temporary Fix: We have updated Zoom's records for everyone registered between 1/03 and 1/09 for an upcoming webinar. We will be resending the confirmation emails to all registrants that didn't receive their Join URL in batches this week, starting with anyone that has an event later today and tomorrow.
Root Cause: The bot's capacity to automate the registration process failed due to multiple errors. Some of these errors were related to the old developer account being expired and numerous registration errors ( Ex: client trying to register to the same event)
- Increase the number of Dyno bots to be able to handle these failures and process registrations
- Make all accounts as admin's, including Amanda's, so If anyone leaves, we will refer to the main SCORE account, not the developer account.
- Modify the error logs to catch these types of failures event if Zoom doesn't send us an error message
Update as of Jan 7, 2022
We've sent out an email to all Event Managers regarding the Zoom Registration Outage.
Here's a copy of the information sent in the email below.
Attn: Event Managers
We are currently experiencing a Zoom registration outage when integrated with third-party applications like Heroku Connect.
Registrant records are created in Engage but are not sent to Zoom webinars, and they are unable to receive their webinar join URL.
The Engage team is working with our developers and the Heroku team to resolve this integration issue.
Once resolved, we will try to resync all the missed registrants for all future events.
If you have an event tomorrow, please email the webinar Join URL to all of your registrants using constant contact.
What this means for you: If you have an upcoming event, please email the webinar Join URL to all of your registrants using Constant Contact in advance of the event until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience and will update you again as soon as we have a resolution. We are maintaining updates on the Support Center also.
The Engage Team
Reported Issue Date: 1/5/22
Affected: All Chapters/Event Journey
Description of Issue:
- Chapters using the Zoom integration tool are reporting registrants are not receiving the automatic link from Zoom after registering for an event.
- In Zoom, those registered for events are not showing under the Zoom registrant list, but showing on the Engage registration side.
Our developers are aware of this issue and are working towards a solution. Please use the "Follow" button to receive an automatic email notification when this article is updated.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience,