Common Concerns and Answers:
Make my profile visible on the website.
-- Mentor profile detail page is published on the website, so you can view it by going directly to the URL.
-- Mentor will appear in "Meet Our Mentors" content band, and you can click their image/name to go to their profile detail page.
-- This does NOT directly affect whether the mentor shows up in National or Chapter mentor searches. That is based on the items below.
"Accept Direct Requests" is checked and they have not reached their limit:
-- They will show up in search results (National and Chapter site)
-- Their button will say "Contact [Mentor first name]"
"Accept Direct Requests" is checked, but request limit is reached -
-- The button (click to action button or CTA) will be converted to a "Browse similar mentors" link (based on matching taxonomies)
-- They will NOT appear in mentor search results (National and Chapter).
-- However, they will continue to show in "Our Mentors" content band.
-- So you can view their profile directly if you have a link, or if you click their picture from the "Our Mentors" area, but you will see "Browse similar mentors" instead of a button to click.
Accept direct request is unchecked (but make my profile visible is checked):
-- Button to click will be "Contact [First name]'s Chapter"
-- Appears on "Our Mentors" content band.
-- Will NOT appear in national or chapter search results.
-- You can find them from the "Our Mentors" content band, but they won't be visible on mentor search (like when someone has clicked "browse for similar mentors" from a different profile).
In Engage, the system will post your online profile if you are an Active (status) Mentor (classification).
To make your profile viewable on score.org, you:
- Must have a picture associated with your account.
- Must select a minimum of one and maximum of 6 areas of expertise and 6 industries.
- Must provide a career summary (“How I Can Help You” information for clients).
- Must select or update the languages section of your profile.
1) Can volunteer profiles go live without a picture uploaded?
Yes. Engage will post your online profile if you are an Active (status) Mentor (classification).
2) Can volunteer profiles go live without the “How Can You Help SCORE Clients” section completed?
No. This is a required field for all active mentors.
3) Can volunteer profiles go live without selecting up to 6 skills and 6 industries?
Yes. Engage only requires a minimum of one selection for each skill and industry field.
4) Can volunteer profiles go live without making a preferred language(s) selection?
No. Engage requires to have at least one selection in this field.
5) Can volunteers choose Email, Video, or Phone mentoring without having the BAN certification?
Yes. Email Mentoring is going away in Engage. Mentors can now select any of the four Mentoring Methods - email, in person, phone, video. Note that selecting the mentoring methods email, phone and/or video will allow out of state clients to request you. While selecting In Person mentoring method will alert out of state clients that they are requesting a mentor who is out of their zip code -- clients can still submit their request if they choose to ignore the alert.
6) Is the headquarters staff notified when a profile goes live?
No. Engage automatically puts your profile online if you meet the criteria of being an Active (status) Mentor (classification).
7) What happens if changes/updates are not made within the time frame? What is the timeframe?
The headquarters staff will review your online profile to ensure that it is within the standards of SCORE. We will contact you if changes or improvements are needed. We spot check live profiles from time to time and will email mentors if we find anything that needs correction.
8) Can I call or email National for help making changes/updates to my profile?