We are committed to cultivating a Culture of Inclusion to best serve our existing and growing client base.
We strive to build a welcoming environment where everyone feels valued and they belong, so we can achieve more.
We are committed to achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion among our volunteers, staff and Board to better serve our clients and engage our volunteers.
SCORE Value: Diversity Matters
SCORE believes in the importance, value, and power of diversity – diversity of people and diversity of thought. Inclusion is critical if efforts to achieve diversity are to be successful.
We are committed to achieving diversity and inclusion among our volunteers, staff, and Board to better serve our client base.
DEI Toolkit Overview
The toolkit offers practical steps to help you as a leader, Regional Ambassador or Chapter Champion in developing a plan to cultivate an inclusive culture that best suits your chapter needs. Whether you are just starting to assess the Culture of Inclusion in your chapter or have already built a welcoming and inclusive environment, this document will guide you on where to start and help you keep the conversation going.
This Toolkit includes:
How to Use the Toolkit
We recommend the chapter leaders use these tools in concert with your Chapter Champion or Regional Ambassador for DEI. If you do not have a Chapter Champion, we suggest you work with your District Director to identify one.
- Complete the Chapter DEI Assessment. Evaluate your areas of strengths and areas of improvement in your chapter by completing the Chapter DEI Assessment. This document will provide you with critical data to understand where your Chapter’s culture and climate is inclusive, respectful, equitable, and accessible, and where you may be able to improve.
- Use the DEI Messaging Guide. If your Chapter is working on reaching out to underserved markets, the DEI Messaging Guide will help you clearly and consistently represent the SCORE Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Messaging and Brand.
- Share the SCORE DEI Roadmap. Strengthen the Culture of Inclusion in your Chapter by reviewing the DEI Roadmap with all volunteers in your Chapter during monthly meetings. Cultivate a culture of inclusion to best serve your existing and growing client base and engage all volunteers.
- Discuss the Thought Starters. If you have already completed the Chapter DEI Assessment and your entire chapter is further along in the DEI journey, educationally and experientially, consider what areas you are already having some success in and build upon them by going deeper in those areas using the Thought Starters in chapter meetings. Thought Starters lead the chapter in a thoughtful, engaging discussion around DEI issues in a constructive way, complete with guides and support resources.
- DEI Education Modules are designed for all volunteers and will consist of short modules to support microlearning methodology to boost knowledge retention and engagement with smaller learning units.