Audience: Event Managers
The Import Attendance process is best utilized to support chapters that are conducting events with partners who handle the registrations via the partner’s registration system. Your event should satisfy the definition of workshops and webinars per the SCORE Operating Manual (SOM). To review that information in more detail, see below.
All workshops and webinars must be conducted live.
What does NOT constitute as a workshop.
Importing the workshop attendance from outside of Engage is a process that involves the chapter and the Support Team work closely to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting. Submitting an attendance report with all the required information about the event and its attendees will allow the Support Team to complete this process more efficiently.
Table of Contents
Chapters should meet the following requirements prior to submitting an Attendance Report:
- Create the event in Engage
- Set the event status to Draft and leave it in Draft while our Support Team works on the event.
When your event has occurred, please make sure to send the ATTENDANCE report to our Engage Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Attendance for <Webinar Name and Date>.
The attendance report should contain the following fields:
- Workshop ID (a.k.a. SF External ID; this information is found on the Event record page, scroll down to the System Information section at the bottom of the page)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number (numbers only, no special characters or spaces)
- Zip Code (5 digits)
You can use the template provided below or you can submit your own. For convenience, please avoid submitting a PDF copy of the attendance.
Event Attendance Template
Import Process Overview
When the Support Team receives your email to request for the attendance to be imported to Engage, you should receive a receipt email.
The Support Team has a dedicated group of individuals handling the data entry for importing the attendance to Engage. They check for errors and validate the attendance report submitted by the chapter. If they need additional information from your chapter, they will immediately contact the person who sent the attendance report.
Make sure to leave your event in DRAFT status.
After validating the information sent, it will be uploaded. Data uploads take place every Thursday. Any attendee lists received by the Support Team Monday through Wednesday by 2PM ET will be included in that week’s upload. Any attendee lists received after 2PM ET Wednesdays will be a part of next week’s upload.
The Support Team will review the data to ensure all of the info that was sent was successfully uploaded and they will communicate back to the sender that the registrations have been imported to their event record.
Once the import is done, the Support Team will mark the event as Completed. Please make sure that you send the complete attendance record for your event since the chapter can no longer modify the event record after the event status has been set to Completed.
Avoid Duplicate Efforts
To avoid duplication of effort by your chapter and the Support Team in uploading the attendance to your events, please note the following:
- Coordinate at the chapter level to ensure only one individual from your chapter is submitting the attendance report to the Support Team.
- Only send the list of event attendees once your chapter has confirmed that the list is complete and accurate. And remove any duplicate attendees on the list before sending it to the Support Team.
- DO NOT EDIT the event, especially the registrations section if you’ve already submitted a ticket/an email to the Support Team. This creates several extra steps involving data clean-up that slows our ability to quickly assist you.
- Send us an email right away if anything in the attendance report or the event details has changed.
4/28/2022 - This guide has been updated to clarify that a chapter should still create their 3rd-party event in Engage and leave it in Draft status.
As all chapters are now on Engage, this process is for ongoing events where registration is not directly through Engage, correct? And we can post via Engage to our website, for visibility by removing the link to register (website edit) via Engage.
Article Updated: Removed the first line in the introduction regarding chapters transitioning to Engage. All SCORE chapters are now live in Engage.
Helen Trollman correct this is for anyone who has an event that could not be entered in Engage for some reason. However all chapters have the ability to use Engage events from creation through to marketing and closing, and we encourage this for the most seamless recording and event management experience. Thank you!
9/26/2022- Guide updated to clarify that chapters should mark the Event as Completed when we've communicated back to them that the import is done.
12/5/2022 - Guide updated to reflect the current process:
Please sign in to leave a comment.