Audience: Event Managers
The Import Attendance process is best utilized to support chapters that are conducting events with partners who handle the registrations via the partner’s registration system. As long as these events satisfy the definition of workshops and webinars per the SCORE Operating Manual (SOM). To review that information in more detail, see below.
Importing the workshop attendance from outside of Engage is a process that involves the chapter and the Support Team work closely to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting. Submitting an attendance report with all the required information about the event and its attendees will allow the Support Team to complete this process more efficiently.
Table of Contents
Chapters should create their event in Engage and leave the status to Draft.
When your event has occurred, please make sure to send the ATTENDANCE report to our Engage Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Attendance for <Webinar Name and Date>.
The attendance report should contain the following fields:
- Workshop ID (a.k.a. SF External ID; this information is found on the Event record page, scroll down to the System Information section at the bottom of the page)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number (numbers only, no special characters or spaces)
- Zip Code (5 digits)
You can use the template provided below or you can submit your own. For convenience, please avoid submitting a PDF copy of the attendance.
Import Process Overview
When the Support Team receives your email to request for the attendance to be imported to Engage, you should receive a receipt email.
The Support Team has a dedicated group of individuals handling the data entry for importing the attendance to Engage. They check for errors and validate the attendance report submitted by the chapter. If they need additional information from your chapter, they will immediately contact the person who sent the attendance report. During this stage of the process, your event will remain in DRAFT status.
After validating the information sent, it will be uploaded. Data uploads take place every Thursday. Any attendee lists received by the Support Team Monday through Wednesday by 2PM ET will be included in that week’s upload. Any attendee lists received after 2PM ET Wednesdays will be a part of next week’s upload.
The Support Team will review the data to ensure all of the info that was sent was successfully uploaded and they will communicate back to the sender that the registrations have been imported to their event record. Once we confirm the attendees have been uploaded we update the event to COMPLETED.
To avoid duplication of effort by your chapter and the Support Team in uploading the attendance to your events, please note the following:
- Coordinate at the chapter level to ensure only one individual from your chapter is submitting the attendance report to the Support Team.
- Only send the list of event attendees once your chapter has confirmed that the list is complete and accurate.
- DO NOT EDIT the event, especially the registrations section if you’ve already submitted a ticket/an email to the Support Team. This creates several extra steps involving data clean-up that slows our ability to quickly assist you.
- Send us an email right away if anything in the attendance report or the event details has changed.