In 2021 Google is offering 20 grants available for chapters who are able to host the 3 part series of Grow With Google Digital Readiness program. The benefit of hosting this program locally is to build a community and networking opportunities around digital preparedness for small businesses in your area. We highly encourage the use of Google's badges and Facebook groups or other ongoing collaboration to keep clients engaged for the whole program!
Grant amount: $500/ per chapter
- First 20 chapters to schedule the workshops (3 total), between February 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021. Please email email@example.com to confirm your participation.
- Local chapter to host workshop using the resources provided by our partner through the Grow with Google Partners platform
- Workshop presenters must register as trainers with Grow with Google. To register, go to https://grow.google/partners/ and click ‘Become a Partner’. Note: It takes 24-48 hours to be approved.
- The workshop series can be held online or in person, but should include a Q&A session with attendees in some format
- Continuous communication throughout the series is encouraged as Google has provided quick videos and quizzes for clients to complete before the webinar begins. Facebook groups may be an ideal platform to keep clients engaged throughout the series. (See flyer attached for links to all resources)
- The Workshops should be scheduled through the Grow with Google Partners When you’re ready, go to ‘Create a Workshop’
- The workshops should also be reported as 3 separate workshops via CORE/Engage as is normal.
- Google hosted a 'How To' Webinar for SCORE on March 16th. Click here to view the recording.
- SCORE HQ is hosting the program in national webinar format that you can check out here: https://www.score.org/grow-google-digital-readiness-series
- Google offers ongoing office hours for help and Q&A with their presenters! You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with them live in the Partner Community on
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 12:00 - 2:00 pm ET.
Overview for SCORE Partners
Step 1- Register to be a partner and determine the dates of your workshops through the Grow with Google Partners platform.
- Workshop materials can be found here
- Click Small Businesses and Startups >Workshop Materials > Choose Your Module
- Workshop #1. Build Your Online Presence - Get Your Local Business On Google Search and Maps
- Workshop # 2. Reach More Customers - Reach Customers Online with Google
- Workshop #3. Work Remotely - Connect with Customers and Manage Your Business Remotely
- Under each module, there are links to access Google Doc folders with the powerpoint presentation, script, and tips for presenting
- Note: the presentation file is the Google version of powerpoint called “Slides.” To download it as a powerpoint go to File > Download > Microsoft Powerpoint
Grow with Google: Pre-Workshop Links
Each GwG module will encompass 1 Quick Help video (~2 minutes), 1 Primer minicourse (~5 minutes), and 1 workshop (to be hosted live). The following are links to the Quick Help videos and Primer minicourses which should be completed independently before the client attends the workshop.
Module 1: Get Found Online
Module 2: Reach More Customers
Quick Help Video: How Can I Download Free, Personalized Marketing Materials?
Primer Minicourse: Get Up to Speed on Online Advertising
Module 3: Work Remotely
Step 2- The first step in hosting a workshop is to submit your event details in the Partner
Community. Watch a video on how to do that here. Your workshop will be reviewed within 1-2 business days. You’ll receive an email once your workshop is approved, or if there are any issues with your workshop submission.
Once your workshop is approved, you’ll receive:
1) Access to the Partner Store to order free learning kits for your
in-person workshop or a link to a digital kit for your virtual workshop
2) A link to a customized registration page to help you promote your
event and track attendees
Step 3 – Schedule and promote your workshop as you would any other SCORE workshop, using Constant Contact email promotions, website event creation, and Engage/CORE reporting.
Step 4 - Share your stories
We want to hear how you’re helping people in your community grow their digital skills. Share your story for a chance to be featured.
Send us a note (email@example.com) or tag us on social media with #GrowWithGoogle.
You can announce our partnership by posting this animated graphic on social media with the caption:
“We’re proud to partner with #GrowWithGoogle to help our community gain digital skills. Learn more at google.com/grow”.