Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
The Engage Calendar also offers virtual mentoring capability where remote appointments are managed within the scheduling calendar system. Chapters will have the ability to set their availability, add bookings and conduct appointments within the application. This virtual mentoring option is only available in the chapter’s virtual mentoring location e.g. Akron Virtual Mentoring, Bangor Virtual Mentoring, etc.
1) After selecting the Mentoring Calendar link from the Engage Homepage, you’ll be redirected to the Engage Calendar homepage. Select your chapter’s Virtual Mentoring location.
2) Access the mentor’s profile by clicking their name under the Staff list.
3) Book an appointment by following the steps in Booking an Appointment.
Note: The notification email sent to the client will include the link to the video appointment which they can click and connect to the video mentoring without downloading specialized video apps.
4) To start your appointment, click the booking from the calendar then, select Join Video Meeting.
5) Click Begin Appointment (or Begin Appointment in New Window).
6) Click Continue when prompted.
7) When prompted by the Video Call page, make sure to select allow your camera and allow your microphone.
Note: Refreshing the page will trigger these prompts again. The refresh shortcut keys are F5 key for Windows and Command + R for Macs.
8) When you're ready to end the call, click the End Call icon.
Note: After your appointment has concluded, log your session in Engage using the steps here.