SCORE Engage Policies
Audience: All SCORE Members & HQ Staff
As part of helping chapter leaders, Engage Facilitators, and Engage Training Coordinators prepare themselves to guide their chapters through the onboarding process to Engage, we held a webinar titled "SCORE Engage: Business Readiness". This webinar communicated vital information about how SCORE will be operating differently and better within SCORE Engage, focused on business rule and process changes that will have the greatest impact on chapters. This article serves as a written format of all of the policies and business rules coming with SCORE Engage.
Table of Contents:
- Every SCORE member must have an SVO (@scorevolunteer.org) email account and use it when conducting SCORE business.
- Required to collect 5 fields on every SCORE form (mentoring and events): first name, last name, email address, phone number, and zip code.
- Engage uses single sign-on. Every SCORE member must login to Engage using their SVO credentials.
- Chapters cannot create their own branches without approval from the VP of Field Ops. First, contact your District Director and Regional Vice President.
- All paid clerical administrators must use an SVO (@scorevolunteer.org) email account to conduct SCORE business.
- A volunteer's status can only remain as "Inactive" for 90 days. After that, their status will automatically change to "Resigned".
- A provisional volunteer must complete all onboarding requirements within their onboarding period. The onboarding period is 90 days and can be extended 60-90 additional days.
- If onboarding requirements are not completed within 120 days of acceptance, the provisional volunteer will be notified that the account will be automatically deactivated.
- Two Interviewers must be assigned to each prospective volunteer application.
- If the Annual Code of Ethics is not completed on time, then the volunteer's status is updated to Inactive (for a 30-day period). Individual volunteers can have the additional 30 days to complete Code of Ethics before having status changed to 'Resigned' and access to Engage is revoked.
- Mentors with dual chapter affiliations, (one in Engage and one in CORE) – In the interim period between when the mentor relocates from one area to another, the mentor would need to remain part of their original chapter until the new chapter goes live on Engage. At that time, the mentor can immediately transition to the new chapter. During this interim period, the mentor can be assigned clients by their original chapter and serve them virtually if the mentor is living in the new area.
- For Volunteers who originally became Members AFTER January 1, 2017 – In order to return they must have completed all requirements including SCORE Training Modules 001, 002, 003, 004 (for current year), 005, 006, 007, and 008. If they were not a Mentor classification before being dropped, and want to be, they must complete all requirements for a Mentor classification as outlined in the SCORE Onboarding Checklist. If they do not complete these requirements, they will be changed to Terminated Status (Engage) and not be allowed to re-apply. 2)
- For Volunteers who originally became Members BEFORE January 1, 2017 – In order to return they must have completed, at a minimum, SCORE Training Modules 004 (for current year), 007, and 008. If they were not a Mentor classification before being dropped, and want to be, they must complete all requirements for a Mentor classification as outlined in the SCORE Onboarding Checklist. If they do not complete these requirements, they will be changed to Terminated Status (Engage) and not be allowed to re-apply.
- Volunteer Intake Coordinators must assign a Coach to every accepted applicant.
- Engage does not allow you to delete an organization affiliation. Once a volunteer is affiliated with a SCORE chapter, their contact record will reflect the current and former organization affiliations.
- If a status of Resigned is selected, a leave date will need to be entered.
- If a status of Terminated is selected, a reason must be entered into the system.
- To make a profile viewable on score.org, a profile:
- Must have a photo associated with the account.
- Must select a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 6 areas of expertise and 6 industries.
- Must provide a career summary (“How I Can Help You” information for clients).
- Must select or update the languages section of your profile.
- Volunteers with classification 'Mentor' must review, and update if required, their Volunteer profile annually (based on the date they became Active). The mentor is notified 30 days prior to Active Volunteer Status Date to review volunteer profile.
- Coaches must make updates to the Provisional Volunteer’s Profile as they complete certain training requirements.
- Each Interviewer must enter their interview notes and final disposition into Engage.
- If two Interviewer dispositions differ (1 accept/1 reject), the Volunteer Intake Coordinator is notified and assigns a third Interviewer.
- SCORE policy has been temporarily amended to allow chapters to receive event credit for online webinars. See SOM for more details.
- Event Managers must create events in SCORE Engage instead of Constant Contact. Chapters will have 90 days after their Engage go-live date to fully transition from using Constant Contact to using Engage for event management.
- Marketing of events via email will be done in Constant Contact.
- Non-SCORE Workshop Presenters cannot/will not have access to Engage.
- If a volunteer is attending an event in a client capacity and would like to register for the event, we recommend they use their personal email address so their interactions with SCORE as a client and a volunteer can be tracked separately.
- Event Managers have until the 5th of the following month to make any updates to the Event record (based on the date marked as completed).
- Cash is not an acceptable form of payment for events.
- Payment must be collected from the registrant at the time of registration for an event.
- After an event has concluded, the status changes to “Needs Action” and the Event Manager must manually update registrant attendance. Once that is updated, the event status moves to Completed, event reports will now be able to pull registration data, and the numbers will be added to the chapter's total services.
- Workshop Presenters (except the non-SCORE members) now have access to event feedback regarding the content and the Workshop Presenter(s) in the evaluations section on the event record or on the attendee's contact record. Event Managers can now view all feedback data, both detail, and summary, on the event record or on the attendee's contact record.
Client Mentoring Journey
- Mentors are required to accept or decline a mentoring request.
- If the mentor declines the request, they are required to indicate the reason. The reason for denial is included in the notification to the Client Intake Coordinator as well as on the request record.
- Mentors can only edit sessions they logged themselves.
- Session dates cannot be edited after the 5th day of the following month. By then, the data has already been reported to the SBA.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) no longer requires that new face-to-face sessions be a minimum of 1 hour and an email session 30 minutes.
- Only the Lead Mentor in the session can enter a mentoring session in Engage. Co-mentors, Subject Matter Experts, and Provisional volunteers are not able to add or edit a mentoring session. They can add notes on the session record after it is created.
- A survey is sent to the client after the first and fourth sessions with the lead mentor.
- If the Mentor does not have their Mentoring Methods, Area of Expertise, and Industry filled out, they will be ineligible for client assignments.
- Mentors are required to send an introductory note to the client upon accepting their mentoring request.
- When entering a session, the mentor must indicate whether or not the client started a new business.
- SCORE will no longer filter requests using remote vs. in-person meetings instead of choosing to focus on using areas of expertise to match mentors to clients.
Engage Calendar (JRNI)
- All chapters can only use the scheduling tool provided through Engage.