As SCORE continues to use many virtual offerings and prioritizes inclusivity in our services, we've created a national account with a language service provider who can offer interpretation services in 100+ languages. Many thanks to Jennifer Lang, Vice Chair of SCORE North Suburban Cook and Lake Counties, for spearheading this partnership and making it possible!
DuPage Federation's Language Access Resource Center offers both face to face and virtual options.
For interpretation services:
- Please see the attached LARC Interpreter Request Form that is customized for your organization. It is computer fillable and you can send back the filled and saved file to us.
- Please make sure to note the time zone for the "Time of Appointment" entry
- If the connection access (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) information is not available at the time when you submit the request, please use LARC@dupagefederation.org email address for the invite. Send us the connection access information as soon as possible to the same email address, noting the appt. number in the subject line.
- For all correspondence regarding appointments, including the initial request, please use the LARC@dupagefederation.org email. It is a shared email, all of us in the office have access to it. Using that for LARC related matters can prevent delay in response in case if any of us are away from the office.
DuPage will provide you with a quote, which will be invoiced to SCORE HQ directly to be applied from the chapter account.
Resources provided from DuPage:
- Being Bi-lingual is not Enough
- Telephonic Interpretation Language List
- DuPage Federation_LARC Translation information
Sign Language Request Form
The SBA Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Civil Rights may be able to assist SCORE with access to sign language interpreters for mentoring and workshops. You must complete the Sign Language Interpreting Request Form as soon as soon as the need is known or no less than two weeks before the service is needed. The form should be returned by email to the address at the bottom of the form. The SCORE Association (HQ) is able to cover 50% of the American Sign Language Interpretation fees for the chapter.
Alternative language service providers include:
- Language Intelligence, contact Rick White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transperfect, contact Jacqueline Hutton (email@example.com)
- Lighthouse Translations, contact Edwin Alicea (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Please note, Language Intelligence, Transperfect, and Lighthouse Translations do not have SCORE National Accounts set up at this time.**