A district wide, recurring program focusing on women entrepreneurs during this unprecedented time. Focus on women’s unique challenges. Provides access to colleagues and mentors. Provides networking and brainstorming ideas. Brings a feeling of belonging and not being alone.
- Webinars are held weekly or bi-weekly at the same time.
- 4-5 women mentors participate in each session. Their photos and email addresses are displayed.
- All sessions are free to participants.
- Webinar begins with mentor introductions, where they’re from and their background (10 minutes)
- Subject for the webinar is introduced and presented (10 minutes)
- Discussion through chat (40 minutes)
Process to start and administer
- District Director contacts Chapter Chairs, explains the program and obtains buy-in
- District leadership identifies (recruits administrator). This does not have to be a SCORE volunteer.
- Existing paid admin or outside consultant in social media works well.
- Chapter Chairs sends list to admin of all-female mentors and their email addresses.
- Admin invites all leaders and women mentors to a zoom meeting to explain the program.
- Solicits input from all on possible topics.
- Admin lines up mentors and speakers for next session. Speakers do not have to be SCORE volunteers. Outside consultants (SBA, social media experts, etc) can be used.
- Sets up zoom meeting with option for people to register.
- Admin sends flyer to chapters so they can advertise to their data bases.
- Admin posts on all social media outlets and sends flyers to community partners to help advertise.
- After webinar sends email lists to chapters.
- Can be counted as a workshop.
Suggested possible topics
- Federal funding opportunities (SBA)
- Alternate funding available (panel)
- How to work effectively from home
- How to be a business owner, head of household and parent all at the same time
- How to keep your sanity during this time
- How to restart your business
- How to use social media to insure your business keeps afloat
- Creative ways to recreate your business
- Suggestions on how to find cash in these difficult times
- Work life balance