We can no longer create custom email accounts as it will create a conflict with SCORE Engage.
Benefits of Groups
- Ability to Create Conversions with between all Group Members, all members would get emailed anytime a new conversion is started, or message within the conversation is created.
- Shared Inbox
- Create a custom distribution list for your chapter, For example, marketingXXXX@scorevolunteeer.org, clientoutreachXXXX@scorevolunteer.org, or firstname.lastname@example.org where point volunteers can be added to those specific Google groups based on the roles within their chapter.
Most chapters already have a designated group email (Example: email@example.com) where all volunteers in the chapter would receive notifications. If your chapter needs more information on their assigned group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The ch.adminXXXX@scorevolunteer.org is the designated Owner of those Group Emails and has the ability to add/remove members and add chapter leadership as Managers. Please click on the Google Groups Help Center for more ways on how to utilize Google Groups.
View Chapter Primary Email Address Best Practices utilizing Google Groups (Contributed by volunteer Mark Krosse)
Find Your Group
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click My groups.
- At the top, in the search field:
- If All groups and messages is displayed, click itselect My groups.
- Click the search fieldGroups I own/manage.
Members with the owner role have these permissions
- Send messages to the group.
- Add or remove group members
- Change a member's role
- Change group settings.
- Export group memberships and messages.
- Managers can do everything that owners can do except delete the group or make another member an owner. A group can't be a manager of another group.
- Everyone in a group has the member role. Any permissions that are set for the member role are automatically given to all other roles.