July 6, 2020
During this pause, we have been making improvements to the Engage roll-out effort and planning for system enhancements. These changes are based on your feedback, and we appreciate your open and constructive feedback as we continue to move through this together. Here is an overview of what will change and next steps.
First, we have enhanced the training approach to provide more hands-on guidance and customized training.
- Each chapter will be assigned a Chapter Success Manager (CSM), who will be that chapter’s direct, personal connection to a member of the SCORE team who is focused on your transition to Engage. The CSM will be your primary point of contact that serves as a conduit to SCORE training and resources.
- There will be more trainers available. HQ Training Specialists will lead live training sessions based on the needs of the chapter. Volunteer Trainers will be available to train volunteers on the most-used actions in Engage (i.e. profile updates and logging in.)
- The roll-out schedule extends the timeline for training and adapting to the new system. For example, each chapter will have access to the Sandbox 45 days prior to launch to allow for more practice time in the system.
- More how-to videos and training materials will be developed and available.
Second, we have identified key enhancements to make in response to COVID-19 and other feedback. Some of the major enhancements that will be made include:
- Zoom integration to allow for easier processing of online workshops
- Adding virtual branches to mitigate confusion around location-based mentoring
- Additional functionality related to mentor request management
For a complete list of the enhancements, as well as bug fixes, please clickhere.
Third, we have changed the bug and enhancement reporting and tracking so there is more transparency.
- Improved bug and enhancement submission process to allow for easier tracking and reporting
- Updated tracking to provide more detailed information on submitted enhancements and open issues
We are working on training the expanded team, creating more training materials, and determining the time and cost of the enhancements that will be made. Once we have a firm understanding of those, we will release the revised schedule. We are aiming to resume the roll-out in the Fall.
We will have an update for you with more specifics by July 20. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at Engage@score.org.
Thank you for all that you do for SCORE.