The Engage Calendar (JRNI) is a system that allows clients to view a mentor’s availability for a session and book the session online. Once a client has selected the ‘request’ button on a mentor’s profile page, they will be able to view the mentor’s available time slots as entered in the Engage Calendar. The client can then select a time and book the session instantly. This article will explain how clients can book any available appointment with their nearest chapter and book directly with a mentor.
All chapters must use the scheduling tool provided through Engage. When the chapter goes live in Engage, they will have a period of transition to allow mentors time to setup their availability and the chapter to transfer any existing appointments from their legacy system if necessary. If the chapter is using the CORE calendar, existing appointments will be brought over by the SCORE HQ Engage team.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
Engage calendar – Client View
- A - If no calendar availability can be found, click here to contact your local SCORE chapter directly.
- B - View available appointments by mentor expertise
- C - View available appointments by mentor
- D - View the calendar by week; click the arrows to advance to the next week or see the previous week
- E - Click to skip ahead to a date in any given month
- F - Unavailable time slots cannot be booked
- G - Click the drop-down arrow to view the available time slots
- H - Click the Next button to continue with booking the appointment
Booking An Appointment On the Chapter Calendar
- Once a client has navigated to score.org, they can enter their zip code and click Find My Chapter to find their local SCORE chapter.
- Next, the client will view their nearest chapter locations and click Select to view the available time slots for mentoring.
- Click the drop-down arrow to view available appointments by Mentoring Expertise.
- Click the drop-down arrow to view available appointments by Mentor.
- Once the client defines their search, they will click the Available drop-down to select their desired appointment time. Then, click next to proceed.
- The client will proceed to enter the booking details by filling out the standard mentoring request form.
- Clients will review their booking details and then click Confirm.
- The booking confirmation page includes a direct link to reschedule or print.
Note: The client and the mentor will receive a booking confirmation email with the booking details. Subsequently, a Mentoring Request is also created in Engage.
Booking Directly with a mentor
- Once a client has navigated to score.org, they will enter keywords to search for a mentor and select Search Mentors.
- Based on their keyword search, the client will be presented with the recommended mentor profiles for review. The client will then select the mentor they wish to meet with.
- To book an appointment with the mentor, the client will click the ‘request [name]’ button.
Note: If the mentor does not maintain their availability in the Engage Calendar or there are no available slots that work for the client, the client will be directed to the mentor request form as a named mentor request. The mentor will receive a notification of the request and the two parties can coordinate a time for the mentoring session.
- The client will be taken directly to view the mentor’s available time slots on the Engage Calendar.
- The client will select their desired booking time and date, then proceed with entering their booking details and confirming the appointment. See the previous section, starting at step 5.