Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
The Engage Calendar (JRNI) is a system that allows clients to view a mentor’s availability for a session and book the session online. This article will explain how to set availability by creating shift conditions, creating shift patterns, and blocking unavailable time.
All chapters must use the scheduling tool provided through Engage. When the chapter goes live in Engage, they will have a period of transition to allow mentors time to setup their availability and the chapter to transfer any existing appointments from their legacy system if necessary. If the chapter is using the CORE calendar, existing appointments will be brought over by the SCORE HQ Engage team.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
Note: If you delete availability in the Engage Calendar, either an individual time-slot or a shift, any appointments already scheduled will remain on your calendar. That time will no longer show as available to book to clients.
Use the block time function to block out specific times in the day, whole days, or multiple days for the holiday.
- From your profile, click the Schedule tab. This is where you can see your availability and set your availability by creating shift conditions and shift patterns.
Creating Shift Conditions
Shift conditions are used to set availability at individual chapter locations (such as branches). Conditions can be color coded, which is helpful for users that are viewing the schedule at the chapter level.
Note: To edit an existing shift condition, click the pencil icon. To delete an existing shift condition, click the trashcan icon.
- To create a new shift condition, select the Create New button.
- Enter a name for the condition, select a color and indicate which location. Then click Ok.
Creating Shift Patterns
Shift patterns are recurring times you are available (E.g., I am available from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm on Mondays & Wednesday.) Shift Patterns can be associated with location using shift conditions. This will allow you to say, “I am available on Monday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at one location and Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm at another location”.
To set availability, click on the Create shift pattern button. Enter the following information:
- Start date
- Time slot (e.g., 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM),
- Recurrence (e.g., weekly),
- Time interval for the recurrence (e.g., I am available every 3rd day or 3rd week -> the interval would be set to 3)
- Day you are available (e.g., every Thursday).
- Interval: Interval allows you to set times to occur more sporadically by setting the availability interval to occur every X number of days (e.g., I am available every 3rdday or 3rd week).
- End date if there is one and condition (the location where you are available). Leaving it as Default will be your assigned branch.
When you are finished, click Save.
Editing Shifts and Shift Patterns
- To edit an individual shift or an entire shift pattern, click on one of the shifts on your calendar. Choose which one you want to edit, then click Submit.
- Enter your edits then click Save. Or, select Delete to remove them item from your calendar.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm your decision. Select Dismiss to cancel the action or select Remove to proceed.
- The individual shift or shift pattern will no longer appear on your calendar.
Blocking Unavailable Time
- To quickly block a window of unavailable time within a previous set shift pattern or recurring availability window, simply navigate to your calendar and click the time frame that you would like to block. Click the Block Time button.
- Indicate if you wish to block the entire day or set the window of the time block. If you would like, you can enter a reason and then click Block Time.
- If you had something blocked on your Google calendar, this is where it would show as blocked.
- To block out multiple days, follow the below steps:
a. Navigate to the calendar page. If you are blocking out multiple days, view the calendar in a month view.
b. Use your mouse to select the days you wish to block out for holiday and click 'Block time'
c. Select the staff you wish to block time off for.
d. Enter the reason for the time off
e. Click 'Block time'