Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
The Engage Calendar (JRNI) is a system that allows clients to view a mentor’s availability for a session and book the session online. This article will provide an overview of the Engage Calendar and explain how to navigate to individual mentors’ calendar.
All chapters must use the scheduling tool provided through Engage. When the chapter goes live in Engage, they will have a period of transition to allow mentors time to setup their availability and the chapter to transfer any existing appointments from their legacy system if necessary. If the chapter is using the CORE calendar, existing appointments will be brought over by the SCORE HQ Engage team.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Accessing the Engage Calendar
- Overview of the Engage Calendar
- Accessing a Mentor's Calendar
- Mentor Calendar Overview
Accessing The Engage Calendar
- From the home page, click on Mentoring Calendar under the Client Mentoring section.
- You will default to your chapter. If you belong to multiple chapters or if your chapter has branches, you will need to select which chapter or branch that you want to manage your calendar in and then click Continue.
Overview Of The Engage Calendar
Users using the Engage Calendar (JRNI) on a day to day basis will see and use the calendar screen the most. Users can use this screen for a multitude of tasks such as making bookings, moving bookings, locating bookings and customers (clients) and easily viewing availability.
Elements on this screen are listed below:
- Click on the logo to return to the calendar screen.
- Use this search bar to search for bookings and clients. You can search using the booking reference, mentor reference number, the client's email or phone number.
- If you have access to multiple chapter branches, this switch location function is used to switch to a different location.
- Click here to log out of JRNI.
- View the calendar by mentor.
- View bookings in a list format.
- If you wish to view a specific mentor, use this search bar to filter out exactly who or what calendar you want to view.
- Click here to make a new booking rather than using the calendar to select a staff/resource, date and time.
- Click on the cog to change the time
- Use the arrows to go back and forward 1 day and click on the mini calendar to select a chosen date.
- View the calendar and agenda for the day, the week, or the month.
- Appointments will appear on the calendar in different colors depending on the appointment type. Time that has been blocked out will appear as 'blocked'.
- The options on the sidebar menu allow you to navigate to other areas of the Engage Calendar. You will find more information on each of these areas in the JRNI Training Manual under relevant resources.
Accessing A Mentor's Calendar
- When you navigate to the Engage Calendar from Engage, you will default into the Calendar view, which is a full list of active mentors (not provisional) in the chapter and their availability. The blue/gray shows the available time. You can change the view by clicking Day (to view availability within a given day), Week (to view availability within a week), or Month (to view availability within a month).
- If you are looking for a specific individual, you can filter by staff by typing the name into the text box at the top of the page.
- Once you locate the staff member you are looking for, click on their name.
- That will bring you to the Profile screen.
- The alternative view from the Home Page is the Agenda View, which provides a full list of bookings for a given day, week or month. To access a booking from the agenda, simply click on the booking and select View Booking. You can also quickly cancel bookings from this area by clicking on the appointment and selecting Cancel Booking.
Mentor Calendar Overview
- When you access your profile in the Engage Calendar, you are brought to the Details tab. This screen displays demographic information that is pulled from SCORE Engage and cannot be edited here. This information is not visible to clients.
This tab will show you Upcoming, Past and Cancelled bookings.
This is calendar view of your bookings and availability. The blue areas represent the times that can be booked by a client or Client Intake Coordinator or Chapter Admin on behalf of a client.
At any time, the mentor can book outside the available time, but it will not allow others to book that time.
This is where you can see your availability and set your availability by creating shift conditions and shift patterns.
- Shift conditions are used to set availability at individual chapter locations (such as branches). Conditions can be color-coded, which is helpful for users that are viewing the schedule at the chapter level.
- Shift patterns are recurring times you are available (E.g., I am available from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm on Mondays & Wednesday.) Shift Patterns can be associated with location using shift conditions. This will allow you to say “I am available on Monday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at one location and Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm at another location”.
An audit trail of anything that changed. It tracks the history of what was changed, who made the change and what the action was.
- What & Where:
Outlines the different mentoring services that are provided. The services are defined by SCORE HQ and the Client Intake Coordinator can set which services to turn on for their chapter mentors by checking the box Capable?