Audience: Client Intake Coordinator, Mentor
The Engage Calendar (JRNI) is a system that allows clients to view a mentor’s availability for a session and book the session online. This article will explain how to locate, book, and manage appointments in the Engage calendar.
All chapters must use the scheduling tool provided through Engage. When the chapter goes live in Engage, they will have a period of transition to allow mentors time to setup their availability and the chapter to transfer any existing appointments from their legacy system if necessary. If the chapter is using the CORE calendar, existing appointments will be brought over by the SCORE HQ Engage team.
Note: To view the full list of notifications for the Client Mentoring Journey, click here. (You must be signed into your @scorevolunteer.org account.)
Table of Contents:
- Booking an Appointment
- Managing Appointments
- Rescheduling an Appointment
- Canceling an Appointment
Booking an Appointment
Policy change: The Small Business Administration no longer requires that new face-to-face session be a minimum of 1 hour and an email session 30 minutes.
Business rule: Returning clients will now be sent to SCORE's scheduling tool to select a location based on their zip code when booking an appointment with their mentor.
- Navigate to the calendar using the side menu options (Home > Calendar)
- Click on the New Booking button located at the top of all pages within the Engage Calendar.
- Select the Service you are looking to book. Click Continue.
Note: From the client perspective, the default duration for mentoring is 60 minutes. Selecting a mentoring duration shorter than 30 minutes or longer than 60 minutes is disabled for clients. However, Client Intake Coordinators and Mentors can select any of the mentoring durations listed as disabled.
- Select the Staff member. The Duration will default based on the service you have selected. Hit the Continue button.
- Based on the availability set in the system, it will provide you with available appointments in the morning and afternoon on a given day. Use either the calendar button or arrows to navigate to a future date.
- When you identify the date and click on available appointments it will show you the time slots available. Select a time slot and click Continue.
- Search for an existing client by typing their name in the search field. If the customer client is new in the Engage Calendar, please add the client following the steps in Creating a New Customer Client.
- Click on their name, which will move them to the Attendee(s) list, and hit Continue.
- You will be asked to fill out some information about the primary attendees and their business. Required fields are: Is your business already established?, What type of business do you have?, What is your zip code?, Please describe the business questions you need answered here, How would you like to communicate with your mentor? (phone, text, or email), and Select an area you would like to be mentored in.
- You will receive a confirmation of the booking. Please hit the Close Both the mentor and the client will receive an email with the booking information.
- Alternatively, you can book an appointment straight from the calendar by clicking on your preferred time slot on the mentor’s calendar. Click in the time slot you would like to book and hit the Create Booking button.
Creating A New Customer Client
When adding a new customer client for the first time in the calendar, please follow the steps below.
- Click Create New Customer from the Booking an Appointment workflow.
- Enter the client’s details and check the box to acknowledge the condition. Then, click Save and add.
- The client’s name will now appear under Attendee and you can click Continue.
- Provide additional details about the client by answering the questions for primary attendee. Then click Book.
Note: When a client has an established business, the system will require that the Name of Business and Business Type.
- You should now see a Booking Confirmed Click Close.
Locating an Appointment
To locate a booking or a customer simply use the global search bar at the top of the page. You will be able to locate a booking or customer by searching for the following:
- Booking reference number
- Customer name
- Customer email
- Customer phone number
- You can manage appointment from the Bookings tab. Within this tab you can view Upcoming, Past or Cancelled sessions.
- If you click on the appointment, you can access details about the appointment. From here you can re-email the client or reschedule by clicking on those buttons.
- From the Attendees tab, you have the availability to add staff or attendees to the meeting.
Note: This is how you add co-mentors to a booking on the calendar only.
- From the Notes tab, you can add any scheduling notes by clicking the Edit button, entering notes, and clicking Save.
Note: The Notes section is not for saving your session. To add a session after the mentoring appointment has concluded, please view the steps here.
- The Timeline tab allows you to view a change log listing the history of the appointment, including when it was created and any changes that were made.
Rescheduling an Appointment
There are a few ways to reschedule a booking inside the Engage Calendar such as: ·
- Locating and clicking on the booking from the calendar.
- Drag and drop using the calendar.
- Locating the booking using the global search bar.
Locating and clicking on the booking from the calendar:
- If you are the mentor, you can also access your profile and cancel directly from your Calendar or Agenda view by selecting the booking from there.
- Click on the booking and select View Booking.
- Click the Reschedule button.
- Select the new booking date and time and clock Move Booking. Please ensure the Send notification to customer box is checked so the client is notified.
Drag and Drop:
- Click on the booking you wish to move and simply drag and drop the booking into the new time slot, staff member or resource. If moving a booking to a different day, change the calendar view to a week or a month. (If you are rescheduling a booking beyond this date you should search for the booking and reschedule from the booking profile page.)
- A pop-up box will appear asking if you are sure you wish to move the booking to the new chosen time, day, staff member, or resource. Ensure the details are correct and click 'Move booking'. From the Calendar View, you can search for the staff member of the appointment you wish to reschedule by entering the mentor’s name into the filter field.
From the Calendar View, you can search for the staff member of the appointment you wish to reschedule by entering the mentor’s name into the filter field.
Canceling an Appointment
- From the Calendar View, you can search for the staff member of the appointment you wish to cancel by entering the mentor’s name into the filter field.
If you are the mentor, you can also access your profile and cancel directly from your Calendar or Agenda view by selecting the booking from there.
- Click on the booking and select Cancel booking.
- When possible, enter a Cancel reason and ensure the Send Cancellation confirmation checkbox is selected so the client receives a notice of the cancellation. Click the Cancel booking button.